Post Drug induced anexity

Me as well :joy: but were still standing right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and standing we will remain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::tada::pray:

1 Like

Thanks yeah I’m sticking with it I can’t keep putting myself through this it’s near on unbearable but, I’m taken each hour as it comes right now.

1 Like

Thanks that’s my plan, I’m off to a meeting tonight that always helps. BC I’m getting outta my own head which is something I so need to do, I finished work and I had to lie on sofa and fall asleep BC being in flight or fight mode is wearing me out so much atm, but I keep reading post and making descions that will only help me.

2 Likes

The most beautiful thing I have learned through recovery Emma is impermenance. When we are in active addiction we are stuck and nothing changes. But as we heal nothing stays the same, things are always changing including how we feel. This will change too, you have to have faith. Where there is faith there is no fear and if you take fear away it will lessen your anxiety a little. Have faith that this is going to pass and just try to melt away into it, as uncomfortable as it is. I know it probably sounds like I am full of shit because I am not feeling what you are feeling right now, but I have been there love. It will go away and as long as you don’t pick up you don’t have to feel like this again… once it’s gone it will be gone for good.

Wish I was closer to hang out and try to help keep your mind still. Sending you a huge hug from across the world.

:canada::heart::canada::heart::canada::heart::canada::heart:

1 Like

Thankyou i know it will pass I feel better after coming home and resting, I’m so tired all the time right now so I rest when I nerd to and when I can, I’m contemplating hitting a meeting but in all honesty all I want to do is rest atm. I’m day 3 so I know what it takes as unfortunately this is far from my first rodeo but never experienced aniexty like this ever before I beleive it’s BC I was taken alot of benzos and pregabs at the end BC the herion was shit and most probably just full of benzos anyhow as I’m in UK. Those pills really fuck up ya phyce.

1 Like

Ive found meditation to be the best thing in fighting the anxiety, post alcohol. I recommend the app Lets Meditate! Use the beginners meditation daily for a couple of weeks and youll get the breathing down. Then you can try other anxiety based ones. I have also found that cold showers help trememdously. So when I take my morning shower, I turn the water as cold as I can for 90 seconds. Everything in me tells me to get out of the water. I use the breathing I learned meditating to breathe through it. Over time when my anxiety starts to appear, my brain automatically triggers my breathing and calms me down. It takes time and is no way a quick fix, but if you give it an honest effort it helps. Congrats on getting clean. Youre a miracle.

2 Likes

Got to my meeting lastnight just sat and listened but felt so outta place BC of my aniexty spoke with other women suffering too so I didn’t feel so alone plus it got me outta my own thinking for abit which was a god send tbh

Added 7.30 pm been a better day today anexity isn’t so bad forced myself to go swimming but had to sleep for 2 hours once I got home BC everything just takes it out of me atm but none the less I got it done.

1 Like

Happy you are getting out a bit Emma.

Always feel that way at meetings too, it’s a relief to know we are not alone in our shitstorms.
:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Thanks hun yeah, sitting with my own thoughts was driving me insane, so the meeting really did help❤️

1 Like

Glad to see you back Emma.
If your interested and willing check us out on the gratitude thread. It’s done wonders for me.

Check this one out I read and posted the other day.

Gratitude can have such a powerful impact on your life because it engages your brain in a virtuous cycle. Your brain only has so much power to focus its attention. It cannot easily focus on both positive and negative stimuli.”

:pray:t2::heart:

Thanks il pop over to the thread I’ve visited infrequently. Hope you well my friend. X

1 Like

The PAWS anxiety from opiates hits in waves. Is it just constant with you, or off and on? Should ease up and shouldn’t be constant. What really helps me avoid it is I drink cold green tea for my morning caffeine and cold Rooibos tea for my afternoon drink. Getting coffee, soda and the heavy caffeine items out of my system helped big time. Green tea gives me energy without the anxiety, since the L-theanine in it relaxes you. Also, fish oil, and a good B-complex helped. Look into amino acids like DLPA, L-lysine + L-arginine combination effectively reduces anxiety. The main thing that helps me is excercise, even if it’s just listening to music or podcast, and walking

Hi yes I drink rebbot tea, I’ve also just taken up swimming BC that’s all I can handle atm, yes it comes in waves I’m day 5 so I’m such early days, my last binge took me on a crazy amount of benzos and I can honestly say I’ve never felt aniexty like it, valliums, pregabs, tamazipam, they really mess with ya phyce more the herion ever did, thanks for the feedback on payday I’m off to health food shop for appropriate vitamins.

1 Like

My aniexty is still there but the grip it had on me is lessing daily so I’m just taken it as it comes for now, but I can’t keep living in flight or fight mode BC it’s a one way street to a mental break down.

1 Like

Yes, pregaba can be helpful for WD, but brutal as well. Its your early stage it will pass, but yes force yourself to swim, excercise is the real game changer. The heavy anxiety is most likely the benzos and pregaba, and it will be gone soon. Take hot baths w/ empson salt, baking soda and Lavender oil. That will get the toxins of that stuff out of you quicker. If you do take those baths stay hydrated, the baths helped BIG time for relaxing me, shit I still take them.

Yes, just stay clean. I’ve been in and out of WD for way too many years, imagine all the damage it does to you. Its not the way to live and we know that. Still, its a daily battle at times to remain focused and sober. We all know that routine. Hang in there, the anxiety will pass.

1 Like

Pregabs are the devil’s drug if I don’t see another one it will be too soon for me. They tell you you can’t get hooked on them and there’s no withdrawal that’s such bullshit I’ve dome methadone, herion and benzo detoxes I’ve never ever felt pain like when I was withdrawing from pregabs I believe that’s what kicked my aniexty off

Cheers mike

Gabapentin was honestly one of the worst WD I have had. Mentally draining. It passes, believe me

1 Like

If you read up on them they inform you there not addictive and there’s no withdrawal from them BC there not addictive, they need to get on the front line and talk to real ppl that have come off the devil of a drug.

1 Like