Post photos of your pets #5

My Flemish giant princess Bonky when she was a baby

17 Likes

Sniffing apple :apple:

18 Likes

Our therapy cat and dogs always cuddle up to go to bed.

18 Likes

17 Likes

Happy autumn!
Best time of year. It’s the only time I miss living in Massachusetts - you can’t beat fall in New England.

A few from the archives. Seasonal Chief.

Edit: As I look at the photos where you can see how tight Chief’s nostrils used to be, I’m so grateful that I got him surgery to widen his nasal passages (~2 yrs ago). His breathing wasn’t terrible, but it has still been noticably easier for him ever since and you can tell he’s more comfortable.

21 Likes

Phoebe has been going down hill for a few months. She is having a rough night so she is in her happy place right with dad.
Hopefully the vet can get her back in tomorrow. Her follow up isnt until next week but thats too far out.
She doesn’t want to be picked up and cant stand on anything but carpet right now. Even that she isnt standing so well on. Shes been having something going on qith her back end for awhile now. They keep sayong arthritis but it sure doesnt act like arthritis. Its progressing really fast. I dunno, gonna make’em do some xrays and see for sure.

17 Likes

I’m so sorry to here about Phoebe. I hope the vet visit can help. I know when my pets aren’t doing well in there old age we will ask the vet if steroids my help. They don’t always think of that. And steroids are not always the answer. But we’ve learned it’s worth an ask. One time it did buy my dog Buddy an extra good and fun year or more.
I hope you can at least get some answers. Give Phoebe a gentle pet from me.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you for that suggestion. :hugs: We did try steriods, that led to her getting a urinary tract infection so she is now on ( well i forgot the name and im to lazy to get up and look ) something else. We would rather her be on the steriod but since she got the urinary infection so quickly the vet doesnt want her on it anymore. At this point im going to insist they give her something stronger to get her out of pain until they can give us a definite answer of whats wrong. I cant have her suffer :pensive: i will be insisting on an xray also. I just dont feel like this is only because of artritis. It came on so suddenly.
I dunno, i do know im unsettled about her health and i dont usually get unsettled about my animals health. Not unless its bad anyways.
Thank you for making sure i knew about the steriod eric. I really appreciate it.

4 Likes

I wonder if it could be a more severe urinary tract infection. Alice had 3 UTI’s almost in a row after each one cleared up a bit. Then they brought out the big gun antibiotic and that knocked it out. Poor girl. Well, hopefully you can get some answers soon. It always hurts so much to see our old pets suffer. :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

19 Likes

I’m so sorry Shaunda, you and Phoebe are in my prayers. It’s so hard when they get old. Keep us posted. :heart: :heart: :pray:

4 Likes

She smells like cat Mom! :dog:

16 Likes

Hahaha those 2 are silly

And thank you. She is up walking around at least this morning. Vet appointment in just under 3 hours. If nothing else i will feel better knowing if something is growing on or near her spine causing her pain. Maybe she is just old and needs stronger medications.

5 Likes

Some more Bonky & this is Horus

17 Likes

Riley always wants to snuggle and often lays down by his face, and he will turn & bury his face as far away as possible without moving, lol.

Hope Phoebe is okay, been checking back to see if there’s updates. :hugs:

3 Likes

Boscoe needs another f*&#%$ haircut. But i think hes still soo fricken cute

15 Likes

Rubie :heart:

15 Likes

Well, the get was surprised she didnt see as much arthritis as she was expecting to see considering how she is walking. She has some narrowing of the vertebrae.
She is now on a daily pain med and muscle relaxer anx has a back up pain med for the bad days.
For now we are riding it out until dad feels she no longer has any quality of life. He has had her since she was 6 weeks old. She is ok for now, but she definitely is going down fast. Which, id rather it be fast than slow and drawn out. :frowning:

7 Likes

I’m so sorry, sending tons of love! :purple_heart: I’m hoping the pain med will help and give her some spring in her step again and much more happy time. Either way, you’re good pet parents and you will do what’s best, I hate this part of pet ownership. Hugs lady :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you so much Maxine :heartbeat: im not ready to go through this again, i just laid my baby to rest last summer. But, we have to be strong for them because they have been so loyal and loving to us for so long. I really appreciate you asking and being so supportive

5 Likes