Post your most inspiring photos of nature #3

I got some trails in that area I’m gonna end up at later this year. I found some up by Taos I want to go to also but it needs to be summer time for the Taos ones. I’m lucky I took extra clothes and a jacket. I forgot how much a few hours can change the weather :joy:

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a thread about Things That Can F Off? Could have sworn that existed at one point… That storm belongs in that thread.

2 Likes

:joy::joy: it’s actually on my bucket list to go storm chasing one day, I love a big storm :see_no_evil:

1 Like

A couple of quick stops on my way to Cumbria to see an old buddy.

23 Likes

It’s snowing! I love it so much. :cloud_with_snow::snowflake::snowman_with_snow:

25 Likes

Yup, here it is… :arrow_down:

3 Likes

Annie’s sunrise

25 Likes

I knew it! Yep, that storm belongs there. @Becsta You cray cray.

1 Like

It’s beautiful. :yellow_heart::sunny:

1 Like

I spy with my little eye something on my tomato :face_with_monocle:

@AyBee do you know what type of frog this is. Not a green tree frog :thinking: I’ve seen a few of these around lately and I’m pretty sure they make a sound like a loud tap dripping at night… soooooo cute!!!

23 Likes

First time tobogganing for my nephew and my son came along. So happy to be sober and to be able to enjoy these moments.

21 Likes

It could very well be the White-lipped tree frog.

That first pic of them peeking over the top of the tomato is adorable.

EDIT: White-lipped frogs are big as adults so that might be a juvenile, or it could also be the smaller White’s Treefrog, or Northern Dwarf Treefrog.

I think it’s definitely a Treefrog, just not the classic all green one.

EDIT 2: I very much think it is the Northern Dwarf Treefrog.

EDIT 3: awwwww fudge. Most likely, given where you live, the Eastern Dwarf Treefrog. They look almost the same but the Eastern version can have some brown patches on its back - not always though. Can look almost identical to Northern version.

images - 2022-02-23T150133.190

21 Likes

Awww so cute hey! Just googled it and they only grow to 2.5cm! Thanks for the information knew I could rely on you!

I love the first photo also. It had its front legs folded in under its head, adorable :heart_eyes:

I must have a few different frog species here because I googled what frog makes a tap dripping/ball bouncing sound and it’s a striped marsh frog. Had to rescue one out of the house about a month ago and it looks just like the picture I found. It was only very small also.

11 Likes

Omg the bottom one tucks his hands in at night!!!

9zoB22ReUoYCUDPMCL

1 Like

Wow, it’s so tiny. Never seen frogs so small

1 Like

Check this little dude out who was on an external wall on the house during rain… That’s a little beetle he’s eyeing of to eat. Frog was about the size of the first segment of your thumb.

20 Likes

Full moon Friday night 21h25

Full moon Saturday morning 6:30 and 7:30am.

27 Likes

I know. He was lucky I spotted him before I pulled the tomato off lol

1 Like

Rare storm rolling in last night, creeping over the mountains which were reborn in the light of dawn.

It is a blessing to have this view when I awake every morning. It is a blessing to live in this beautiful place.

22 Likes

You captured it perfectly. The clouds yesterday were incredible, I was surprised to see the clear sky when I woke up this morning. There is beauty in this state, for sure.

1 Like