Post your most inspiring photos of nature #3

Some places like that you just never forget.
God doing his finest.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Instructions for living a life.
Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.

Mary Oliver

28 Likes

23 Likes

Good God you dared to do a hand flick!?! :flushed: what a whoppa!

3 Likes

Yeah… Thinking about it, it was pretty silly.
Was a one-shot deal though… If I’d missed or was ineffective my backup plan was to run out of the room, lock the door, and burn the house down.

I’ve actually sent a pic to biosecurity Queensland as Australia is not supposed to have hornets and this most definitely seems a giant hornet. I can’t find any pictures of known Australian species of wasp that match. Let the pros deal with it.

:+1:

3 Likes

Oh really? I’m sure I’ve seen them around :thinking: not recently but definitely up until a couple of years ago. Glad you came out of the battle unscathed :trophy:

1 Like

The European swap made it to Australia, but giant hornets are, I think, still a no show. With all the shipping and cargo they will no doubt arrive sometime despite our best efforts to detect and eradicate pre-border.

2 Likes

28 Likes

“She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.” - Annie Dillard

25 Likes

View of the sunrise from the gym this AM. Probably doesn’t capture the color changes very well. But, it was quite the blend.

16 Likes

These shots were taken within 10 minutes of each other one year ago today. The colors change so quickly here during sunset. On the left is Chimney Peak and on the right is Courthouse Rock. They are part of the Cimarron Range of the San Juan Mountains. Courthouse is probably my favorite half day mountain hike/climb, and the view from up there is magnificent.

28 Likes

So beautiful.
Well done. I remember how quickly it can all change. Sometimes for better sometimes for worse.
It’s the only place in the world I’ve experienced very warm sun, sleet, rain, snow, sunny again and all in one day in July. We were jeep touring the California Pass area? Jeep tours are my kind of hiking these day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: you must be in great shape.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

24 Likes

My bad August 2010 California Pass.

24 Likes

Thank you, Eric. :blush: I love the Hurricane/California Pass area! And off-roading through Poughkeepsie Gulch. I’m grateful for my Jeep, because it’s taken me all over these mountains. I’ll have to post a shot of Lake Como. It’s incredibly beautiful… and deep! We’ll see how good of shape I’m in for hiking this spring. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes! That view of California Gulch always floors me. I love it. :heart:

2 Likes

Now I remember the name of that Lake. :rofl: Lake Como. That’s the one. So beautiful.

I’m too scared to drive that. I’m a flat lander. Can’t handle that. I was always white knuckling those rides. I hated it :scream:. But the view. It felt like being up in heaven. Totally worth it.

2 Likes

It was like she was mirroring my mood.

:blue_heart::seedling::dizzy:

25 Likes

23 Likes

30 Likes