Post your most inspiring photos of nature #4

3 months later: update on the beavers. All trees down. The big one was cut down by man.

16 Likes

Eureka, Montana and the Kootenai river.

17 Likes

13 Likes

So where is the actual Dam at then?

1 Like

Todays walk. There’s a path that runs alongside the river for about 13 miles.

14 Likes

Ruby throated hummingbirds in a friend’s backyard

19 Likes

…just for perspective, nest the size of my friend’s thumb…

22 Likes

I didn’t have the time to have a look where they started the construction site. :grimacing:

1 Like

Quiet Pinkham creek. As it should be

14 Likes

I haven’t seen the cygnet in over a week. Something must have happened to the lil guy because it was too young to be on its own. That makes me sad. I was so looking forward to it growing up.
Here’s the mom and dad, hoping they have another baby before summer is over.

17 Likes

Aww……:face_holding_back_tears: so sad. I know what you mean. We watched these 6 baby ducks in Durango one year. Then one day there was only 5 :face_holding_back_tears: then it got down to 4. :cold_sweat: From now on we don’t count babies. Kinda hard not counting when there’s only 1. Bummer.

3 Likes

Hubby thinks a snapping turtle probably got em, because we’ve seen some big ones in the area at night. I honestly don’t wanna know. :cry:
I’ve seen mom back on her nest lately so that’s a good sign.

1 Like

Momma Gamble and her baby gamble quail.
Way down below. Too many to count.

Omg :flushed:
This momma came up with her teens just as I was writing this.

They’re so funny.

20 Likes

They are so precious! Nature is absolutely beautiful :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

And cruel :scream:

1 Like

Finally got out with the camera on the weekend and spotted this stunning Juvenile Black Shouldered Kite which allowed me to approach to about 8 metres.

26 Likes

Me: Baited Breath.

So Awesome! Thank You So Much!!! Can’t wait for more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

24 Likes

Beautiful pic! Fawns melt my heart. I don’t know if it’s their cute spots or wobbly legs, probably both. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like