Post your most inspiring photos of nature #4

The big Sabelsprinkhaan/ long horned grasshopper is laying her eggs in the ground.
I found grasshoppers scary insects, I rather see a spider :sweat_smile: I almost stepped on this green monster :face_with_peeking_eye:

21 Likes

I can relate @SoberWalker. I refused to let someone in the house while this thing was lurking outside :face_with_spiral_eyes:. And there was a thunderstorm coming, haha.

20 Likes

21 Likes

Years ago I was alone in our flat we then lived in. I saw something green flying inside. It was a big grashopper!
I was all alone and wanted it out of my house as soon as possible. I grab a glass cookie jar and overcome my fear and catched it.
But then…what to do with it?
So I decided to trow it out on the bacony.
But when I did the green monster jumped so I let the glass jar fell out of my hands.
It fell in pieces. But: no grasshopper anymore in my house :sweat_smile:

But I’m not the only one who hates them :wink:
I always think they know it and that’s why I encounter them so much.
I even woke up one time with one on my blanket I layed under :disappointed_relieved:
I was out of bed in no time!
:rofl:

4 Likes

And ps, my hubby took this picture. I wouldn’t dare to come this close! :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

Panama Rocks - Near Chautauqua Lake, NY

That’s my little bro there. He’s got 4.5 years sober now!

21 Likes

WOW. I am inspired. Thank you!:face_with_raised_eyebrow::heart_eyes::chipmunk:

The yard I grew up in, now owned by my brother

The baby pine tree him and my daughter planted together last week

The wisteria that has taken over the entire yard over the last 30 years. I remember the first little bush :roll_eyes: Who knew this would happen. The trunks in the back are remnants of the pear tree it strangled. It has killed 5 other full grown trees in multiple areas of the yard. As well as crushed the wooden staircase and deck. Beautiful yet powerful. Do not recommend.

Every leaf you see is wisteria :herb: All the way up

19 Likes

I love the early morning light in your pics :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Recent trip to Ptown. You can see how close the seals were in the last picture, no wonder there’s so many shark warnings.

24 Likes

Provincetown MA?

3 Likes

Yes! Such a beautiful place

2 Likes

Do you live on the Cape? I grew up in Orleans and will be back there in a couple weeks. Such a beautiful area!

2 Likes

Unfortunately no but love visiting. I live out in western MA. Thinking about doing a month long rental in Oct there though since I work remotely.

3 Likes

Two ants locked in battle. I don’t have a professional camera, so the phone had to do.
:squid:

18 Likes

Awesome. :ant: :ant:s

2 Likes

Some of you wanted to know how Notre Dame is doing…well, still in recovery, live from Paris:

And from yesterday and the day before

22 Likes

20 Likes

From today… Made it to now hr 74… The ocean HEALS!!! Plus there was a super dope car show there too… Pacific Grove/ Monterey CALI!

17 Likes

21 Likes