Post Your most inspiring photos of Nature

Rainy morning in Ormond Beach

And the Fairchild Oak at Bulow Creek State Park (great mtn biking there when it isn’t under water)

16 Likes

Is that rain from today?
I think we’re getting some soon.

1 Like

It was yesterday, but we did have more rain first thing this morning. We need it!

1 Like

Hi Donna I’m richie and I just barely joined and saw all of these gorgeous pictures of ppls motivation in nature. I just wanted to ask how long does it take until I can post some myself? I just tried and it denied me access lol :joy:. I think gods teachin me a humility lesson :pray:t2::man_shrugging:t3:. I felt I’d ask you bc I seen ur name on a bunch of threads etc and that you’ve been here for a bit. Bless.

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure the length of time you need to be here in order to post pictures.
You can ask a @moderators and they can answer your question.
And welcome btw!
(Humilty is a tough lesson but always necessary, lol!)

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome!! Here is the info on how long it takes to get to post pictures, etc. Hope it helps answer your question.

Continuing the discussion from Forum Trust Levels and Titles

1 Like

Much appreciated for the information you gave me. It’s totally understandable, and it is a great way to promote users (myself included) to earn privileges. I’ve had many treatment programs work this way, and they helped me stay clean and sober. So amen! I’ll keep comin back that’s for sure!!! Have a great night.

3 Likes

Thank you lots for the advice and I was able to find out. It’s a really awesome way they run stuff here. It’s earned and that’s what I feel has helped me a lot in my recovery. Not having things given to me right away. Whattya know? It’s exactly the lessons I feel I may need to learn again, and others too. But not my place to say. Also it’ll force me to learn to shut my mouth sometimes :rofl::joy: bless and thnx for helpin me today more then u I’m sure know :pray:t2:

4 Likes

One of my favorite places to be…wish I was there right now. The magical island of Jamaica. :heart:

15 Likes

I used a 10 stop neutral density filter to take some long exposure shots.

17 Likes

Just fabulous!! Thank you for sharing!!

1 Like

I used a canon 180mm macro lens for these. I love this lens!

15 Likes

10 Likes

That top one is like from a movie, or Stephen King story. They’re all gorgeous.

1 Like

@JasonFisher
Pretty amazing!!!
I like all of these. How long of an exposure did you use?
Seems to give the fuzzy fog look to the photos.

@JasonFisher
Looks like different ISOs?
Did you shoot these with fast speeds?

20 second exposure.

These are tide pools in front of the dock. I started the exposure just before the ocean swell came through. That gave the foggy effect.

I used a tripod. The 10 stop filter is so dark that you have get focus and then put the filter on.

Neutral density filters are pretty fun to play around with. Great for waterfalls and rivers.

They are fun in cities too. Cool effects with traffic.

4 Likes

This lense has no image stabilization. So i prefer a tripod.

Sometime is hard to get the angle you want with a tripod, so i bump up the iso and shutter speed and go hand held and hope for the best.

When shooting handheld i shoot multiple shots in bursts. There is usually at least one sharp image in a burst.

Ive had this lens for a long time. I havent been using it much because I’ve been playing with newer ones more.

Its canons L glass and captures colors and details incredibly. And its dreamy bokeh effects are awesome.

The diffent iso looks probably came from post processing. Minor tweaks in abobe lightroom was all i did on these.

2 Likes

I took this one in the front of my house.
It has a diorama feel to it with the gabera daisies and front flowers in focus and bokeh behind.
You have to view it larger for the full effect. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I like it. Bokeh is fun to experment with.