Forum Trust Levels and Titles

Hi guys,

For those who are not aware, this forum has a trust system built in. It’s all automatic, but can be overridden by the mods if need be. We essentially have these trust levels:

0 - New User
1 - Basic User
2 - Member
3 - Regular

New members will start off on 0 and as you naturally use the forum you’ll be automatically promoted up to regular. It’s not a quick process or something you should work towards, it’s something that happens automatically and over time. As a regular you’ll get the “Regular” title that you can put next to your name.

As you progress through the ranks you’ll unlock features of the forum. Here’s a quick summary of the default settings. We’ve changed a few here and there, but it’s largely the same.

Users at trust level 0 cannot…

• Send private messages to other users
  • “Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
  • Flag posts
  • Post more than 1 image
  • Post any attachments
  • Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
  • Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
  • Mention more than 2 users in a post

Users at trust level 1 can…

• use all core forum functions
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • have all new user restrictions removed

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
  • Daily like limit increased by 1.5 ×

Users at trust level 3 can…

• recategorize and rename topics
  • access a private lounge category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow 1.6k)
  • spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
  • flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
  • make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
  • Daily like limit increased by 2 ×

Obviously a lot of people will try to eventually get up to Trust Level 3. The requirements are stricter and you’ll need to meet them over the course of the last 100 days. Here they are:

In addition, you must have no silencing or suspension in the past 6 months.

This means that even if you were a regular, you can lose your status if you haven’t met all these requirements in the last 100 days. As the name implies, regulars are people who visit regularly and maintain their presence on the forum.

13 Likes

Okay, so regular = trust level 3…I just got that! Thanks!!

2 Likes

Yes, I put the trust level ranks next to their names.

It took me a minute to figure that out…just finishing my coffee… :joy:

1 Like

Don’t fear @SassyRocks, you’re sassy enough to be a regular :joy:

2 Likes

So if I don’t flag posts, I can lose levels?

No. If your posts get validly flagged, you can lose levels.

2 Likes

And I got my sassy pants on today…heading to Disney to meet up with some friends and get a good dose of pixie dust magic. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

And the world is still the same old place! Wth. I woulda expected the sounding of the 7 trumpets.

Man, apparently I’m still a Basic level?!..oh well… been on here years…I’m not sure that that explains how my thread got moved to another category.(that wasn’t me as my level was too low)…that surely wasn’t automatic?..that was done by moderators?..so I would like to request if the thread can be moved back to Life in Recovery,to the moderators that moved it from that category?..thanks.

When am I allowed back in to the lounge. I feel like my banishment should be ending soon

8 Likes

You’re currently at trust level 2. You’ve created 3 topics all of which are on the main forum. Moderators have not moved any of your threads. If you go to summary under your profile, you’ll see the topics you created and you can access them from there.

1 Like

Bring me home!!! Do I need to start commenting and liking more posts?

6 Likes

I could be wrong, but I am not sure you are active enough to move up in trust level.

1 Like

Yes, you do.

3 Likes

I’m on it fam!

4 Likes

Sigh…lol

4 Likes

Best. Response. Ever.

6 Likes

I defo didn’t put myself into the relapses category??? Did I?

Anyone with a trust level 3 can add a category to a thread. Or the person creating the thread can add the category no matter what trust level they’re at.

1 Like