Potential Dental Malpractice

For the last 3 years, I have felt severe pain where I had 1 wisdom tooth removed. I still have 3 as I feel it’s unnecessary to remove them if they are not causing issues.
My new dentist took a full mouth X-ray and comes in and says " I can fix the cavities and such but you are going to have to go to an oral surgeon to get the rest of the wisdom teeth removed and the half wisdom tooth that is in your jaw."

I looked at her and said HUH?!
She explained that the wisdom tooth I had removed (she was not aware it had been “removed” already) has migrated up into my jaw, sideways with 2 roots still attached.
I explained to her what happened. That he ground down the tooth next to it to make room to remove the W.T and he kept breaking it off it small pieces (the wisdom tooth) and then tells me and my wife that there’s a tiny piece left but it will come out on its own in the next few weeks.
She said that he didn’t seal the molar he ground down (that now either needs a crown or to be removed as he took half the enamel off from it) and that he left half of my wisdom tooth and it’s caused so many issues!
Migraines, random bleeding, severe swelling in my gum, my jaw, my face, nerve pain, pain in my ear, pain down my face and neck, many infections, not being able to eat for weeks at a time, not being able to sleep, a horrible rancid taste when it’s swollen. No one could figure out why until now!

This dentist has a back story as well. He apparently had a severe heart attack and mini stroke many years ago and shouldn’t have been practicing anymore but did. He has had many complaints as well. He botched my 9 years olds teeth as well and caused him to have to get 4 pulls, 3 crowns, and all because of shark teeth (google it) that he could have fixed and this wouldn’t have happened.
Well, he and his wife quietly closed their dentist down before Covid took over and moved downstate (NY) to retire.

My new dentist wants me to speak to a lawyer and feels this is a dental malpractice case.

Has anyone ever dealt with one before or know of anyone who has?
Where do you even begin?!

I am so, SO frustrated with this finding and shocked honestly! How can anyone do that to someone?! :rage:

I’m a former attorney in NY. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to speak with a P.I. attorney but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a large settlement or even that an attorney would take your case.

2 Likes

I appreciate the honesty! Thank you :upside_down_face:

I don’t need a big settlement. I truly just want this man to understand how much damage he has caused.

Since posting this, I have found 10 more people who have many issues due to his handy work.
I also did find a attorney who is willing to look deeper into it but he also lives 7 hours away.
So that has been halted for this moment.