Potluck fun (: UPDATE

My local AA group is having a potluck for an hour and a half before the meeting! I’m super excited to go and be a part of something fun while sober, if you go to meetings does your home group do fun stuff like this too? Let me know! :smile:

9 Likes

That sounds awesome! Send us some pics of the food - would love to see it!

3 Likes

That sounds really fun…plus, I am hungry…so bring on the pot luck!

3 Likes

I’m hoping someone brings some Mac n cheese lol, I’m taking crock pot bbq weenies

3 Likes

Meatballs are my go to…love them!!!

3 Likes

That sounds awesome! My group also does game nights once a month but I haven’t gotten to go to one yet

3 Likes

At least you guys found a way to make it happen despite covid going on, I’m about to leave soon and I can’t wait bc ya girl is STARVING

4 Likes

Potlucks are so fun. I love to see what everyone brings.

3 Likes

My home group did an ice cream social 2 weeks ago and advertised it at other meetings. About 60 people showed up and it was a blast.

A few weeks before, we had movie night (Bill W.) outside on the lawn. One of our members has a huge blow up screen. We did popcorn and snow cones. That one was also advertised at other groups. Great turn out and a lot of fun getting together with other families.

This weekend we’re having our annual district picnic. Lots of food and family games planned.

Being in AA with my husband is a lot of fun. We no longer associate with old friends and have this new exciting life to look forward to.

8 Likes

Ice cream night sounds awesome! And so do all those other events, especially movie night.

3 Likes

I’m from England and just learned what a potluck is last year. We don’t have that.

5 Likes

You should throw one together with your friends! It’s a good time (:

2 Likes

Most people forgot about the potluck tonight and those who did remember only brought cookies and cake :joy: sounds about right for an AA meeting LOL. It was a good time tho, people shared lots of good stories tonight.

9 Likes

Sweets were always a popular snack at meetings (usually it was cookies). That and of course the coffee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I took a crockpot of bbq weenies and those definitely got eaten but everything else was just sweets haha and yes lots and lots of coffee

4 Likes