Powerlessnes

Define powerless ness

1 Like

Everything and everyone in my Life when I was using, was centered around drugs or using drugs

No hope. Going against what you want or know you should do.

Welcome to the community @Mystify40

3 Likes

In the context of sobriety, it is my inability to set limits or control my alcohol use. It is my admission that my alcohol use has negative consequences that affect my health and quality of life, and my actions have brought me great shame. It is my admission that, no matter how hard I try, I cannot manage my addiction alone.

3 Likes

In working step one. I find relief because. Now that I found the problem. I can start to work on the solution. Our addiction is a symptom of a deeper problem. We are allergic

1 Like

powerless lack of ability, influence, or power

2 Likes

Powerless against alcohol, BUT ONLY AFTER THE FIRST DRINK. I won’t even get in the ring with alcohol, as I know I’d lose. Admitting I was powerless over alcohol gave me my power back, ironic I know. So much good in acceptance. Alcohol doesn’t control me if I st as y away from the drink that matters. . . The first drink. Thanks to @Yoda-Stevie for giving us these words of wisdom.

12 Likes

Thank you…
Powerlessnes to be is total defeat

1 Like

Powerless, wrt drinking, means I can’t control how much I drink. Once Ive had one I’m going to have a hundred!! It’s best for me to just never have that first one. And I DO have control over that.

3 Likes

…when someone mentions your behaviors when you were intoxicated :disappointed:

3 Likes

A total lack of control

1 Like

Welcome to this community!