Preventing Relapses

Seeing my addiction temptation as a toddler having a tantrum sounds silly but helped me get through a rough night. Recognizing that my addiction desire is only getting louder and not more powerful helped genuinely helped me to abating. Recognizing that the addiction is getting louder before it gives up and realizes that a tantrum wont work truly helps me to propel forward on my journey. Hope this tip helps anyone.

4 Likes

This sounds like you have had a break through! Knowing what are triggers are is like shining a light on them so they aren’t so scary. Well done this is brilliant! I too realised that one of my main triggers were my lads. They are big personalities and in fact they aren’t kids anymore 18 & 23. Add to the mix my hubby, when they all start with their testosterone banter it makes me want to dive into a bottle of wine and not come out! Realising this was a pivotal moment in my sobriety. It sounds like you have found a pivotal moment in your journey also. Great work! Glad we are on this journey together my friend :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes