Pride Month (LGBTQ+ and addiction)

I learnt a while back when someone can’t understand or can not see a common ground on something not all but some find it is easier to attack and defend their rights and beliefs instead of being open to engage and learn.

We live in a world that judges and i doubt anytime soon that will change all we can do is live your life, stand by your truth and show compassion to those who judge.

I know i have said/done the wrong thing because i didnt care to value that person enough as another individual trying to survive in this world, i would rather learn and educate to be a better person than say my truths are the right way.

8 Likes

Parking meters on Montana Avenue in Santa Monica

6 Likes

1 Like

My balcony :purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:

16 Likes

Yeeeessss!!!
Big smile came across my face

2 Likes

I realized it’s backwards lol… So I’m going to redo it tonight. It looks right from inside my apartment, but when I was proudly admiring it from the street, I felt like a huge dumbass. It’s been like that for days :rofl:.

My daughter is bisexual, but now she’s wondering if she’s a complete lesbian. She’s with a man now, but she’s feeling very conflicted. I’m so honored that she called me to talk about it. I’ve also “adopted” her best friend who is gay and also an amazingly talented drag queen. His parents don’t approve :frowning:

Anyway, YAY PRIDE!!! I’ll be taking photos at the parade in August. I freaking can’t wait!!! :green_heart: :yellow_heart: :orange_heart: :heart:

8 Likes

Ahaha i wouldn’t care if it was upside down… Need more people like you who care enough to support. You are a rare one misses!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much

2 Likes

This is so important & so true!

1 Like

6 Likes

What does the brown and black in the flag stand for?

2 Likes

I grew up Catholic so of course homosexuality was looked at as a sin, I heard the stories from my father regarding “fag bashing” as it’s called where you beat someone unmercifully due to their sexuality,

A lot of the unresolved dissonance with my family stems from their closeted bigoted views and my views being opposite, I teach my kids acceptance love don’t care who you love.

While we celebrate pride month and many businesses support it by waving flags changing signs what have you, at the end of the month it goes back to normal, and then we wait again till next year. It almost becomes more of a status symbol to show your business with pride colors vs actually supporting the cause.

Getting to my point here, Danni wrote a great post, regarding sexuality and addiction, the families who shun their relatives that are in same sex relationships or don’t align with your traditional gender roles.

Instead of being a trendy thing, we should be educating people, and corporations. And corporations should be educating their employees

7 Likes

Thanks for this post it’s appreciated so much by me I have a transgender daughter /son it’s emotionally and physically and mentally hard sometimes to see him hating his body so much but, I love him when he can’t love himself, were waiting for appointments to see gids in London. Thanks so very much for your post. Xc

5 Likes

Well done on being brave and saying that mate! :+1: we will support you all the way

1 Like

True, but like you say it’s a start

A stepping stone

‘Pansexual’ is the term I believe :grinning:

1 Like

I guess it’s not Pride Month anymore. But I say what the hell.

11 Likes

For me, the biggest concern as a parent of two trans kids is how the ignoramuses of the world will try to hurt them. I had to learn, and continue to learn, that they have their higher power and all will be well with them.

5 Likes

There celebrating pride :rainbow_flag: in Belfast this weekend

18 Likes

This makes me smile soooo much!!!

5 Likes

That’s so cool.
Budapest is full of this:

“Do you fear for your children of sexual propaganda?”

3 Likes