Prone Masturbation

I am using sober app for logging my Masturbation habit.
i am 37 years old virgin and i am doing prone masturbation for 20 years straight. i can’t masturbute with normal method.what do i do?

2 Likes

Hi Neeraj, welcome to Talking Sober :innocent:

Sexual activity is personal, it’s individual, and our bodies become accustomed to certain patterns. Just like with drug use, we develop a ritual; the ritual is part of our arousal pathway.

Are you trying to cut masturbation out of your life? I can share my experience; there may be some useful info in there for you.

For me I realized, after a long time, that masturbation was contributing nothing to my life. It was a waste of time and energy that I could spend doing other things; it didn’t help my relationship with myself, or with others.

I joined a sex addiction recovery clinic in my city, where I participated in a recovery group. There, I started to “unpack” and understand the emotional foundations of my “escape” into masturbation: why I was running to it, instead of living my life.

I learned how to communicate about my emotions; I developed ways of getting my emotional needs met: I had previously ignored my need for emotional acknowledgment, for recognition of contribution; I had ignored my needs at work, for a better time management system (which frustrated me greatly, because it was difficult to use and not particularly helpful for me). Communicating about my needs has helped me get recognition and that has reduced my “acting out” behaviour (masturbation).

What are your goals? Are you trying to remove masturbation from your life?

1 Like

In an effort to stop masturbating, I would start going to sleep fully clothed. It was then that my body Inadvertently switched to prone masturbation.

Today, it’s against my boundaries to sleep on my stomach.

2 Likes