Public Service Message (interlock device info)

Hey there sober Peeps…if your like me and got a dui requiring an interlock device in your car dont use the company Life Safer. The product is cheap garbage and the customer service is non existent. Do your research…I used these guys because they are the cheapest…but that is coming with a price. This is fair warning. DO NOT USE LIFE SAFER. Thanks…have an awesome day.

3 Likes

@Cincoflats used Intoxilock at first but said it was garbage. He said don’t use that either. But if you have Low Cost Interlock available in your area, use that one. He said they’re good. They even have an app that warms up the device in cold weather. Hope it helps!

1 Like

I’m in a binding contract for 6 more months…then it’s done. Its behind me.

I’m confused , you have to pay for the interlock yourself if you have a DUI? I’d assume the government / law enforcement would supply it because they are the ones who are making you use it ?

3 Likes

I didn’t know that either. Just did a quick search;
The offender must pay all costs associated with the ignition interlock . Although the cost will vary according to state, MADD estimates it costs approximately $70 to $150 to install and around $60 to $80 per month for device monitoring and calibration.Sep 24, 2014

1 Like

No silly. They aren’t the ones who made us go out and drink and drive. Of course we’re gonna be responsible and have to pay for it too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Wow that’s a lot to pay per Month :grimacing:

1 Like

I don’t drive and never have so its not something that ive ever thought about really. I dont know anyone personally who has had one because everyone I associated with were drug users not drinkers so the topic was never in conversations. Good to be Informed now though. I learn something new on here everyday :trophy:

1 Like

I did a Google on my states Fee’s and its expensive :grimacing:

1 Like

For sure. And I was just picking with yah :slight_smile:

1 Like

definetly not ideal !!

I ended up getting nailed with a huge ticket here in my town last year bc I didn’t have a interlock device on my fourwheeler. I didn’t even think you could have one on it. But I was out causing hell all hours through the night, drunk flying up and down roads. So they nailed me with every ticket they could. It’s actually the last 500 dollars I have to pay and then all my fines will be paid and I fan finally send it for my license. So far I’ve paid 4000 in fines

You also have to be careful of regular day to day things that can trigger it like perfume/cologne. Aftershave, mouth wash, and even Vanilla coffee creamer! Not only is it expensive, it’s a pain in the ass.

I think that’s the point. Between fines, court costs, lawyers, increased insurance, classes, and the interlock, the price can be substantial and the pain lasting, which may deter the non-alcoholic from doing it again.

2 Likes

I figued it was expensive to deter dui’s not to drink drive again etc.

2 Likes

Exactly. Its my bed to lay in. But the company Life Safer is a bad choice.

Yes. Install and monthly calibrations. With the company I am using there is a charge for everything.

1 Like

I wish I would have gone with Drager

1 Like