Publicly to find friends

How do I post publicly so I can actually make new friends and get more support from people that is going through what I’m going through??

3 Likes

You just did, and I see have some other posts as well. Welcome! :v:

1 Like

Thanks well someone told me I needed to make my profile publicly so I could actually make friends and get support from people that’s going through what I am.

1 Like

Hmm. I’m not sure what they meant, then. :thinking: Your profile looks great, and I see your introductions. Including the Need opinions thread you started.

I don’t personally have much experience with what you’ve asked, but it looks like @CaptAZ tagged in some others there who may have thoughts when they check back in.

Ok thanks for the email back!!

Thanks for the welcome!! I am real new with my sobriety!! I just like to have people to talk to pass time. I’m 40 and a mother of 3 girls one is married and still have 2 at home for few years but I don’t mind. I am more of a country type of woman but with my girls I listen to about anything.

1 Like

Thanks hun!! That’s what I’m looking for!! I need all the support I can get like everyone else and would love to make new friends!!

For me it was easy i went to meetings meet new sober friends and stayed sober and still today i have friends i meet at my first meeting many moons ago wish you well

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!! I’m trying to get into groups and things like that. I’m on my 4th day clean off pain pills and yesterday I had been 2 days clean from snorting pills but got upset and was arguing with my roommate and things got bad and I kinda slid back and did snort a pill. That is the hardest for me and idk how to beat it

People I have met at meetinge have become good friends. Weekly, I have coffee and/or lunch with someone from my home group meeting. This is in addition to my weekly meeting with my AA sponsor. One big advantage of attending meetings is making personal connections with like minded people.

2 Likes

Thinking of you. We’re you able to find a group? Still going strong today?

To hankd for the message!!! Ya part of my addiction I’m still going strong. 5 days no pain pills but still struggling with something else. But I know with help and all the people behind me I can beat it all.

1 Like