Question.......?

I don’t know if this is a stupid question …but u guys might be more experienced than me … I never had an alcohol problem …my problem was heroin … U think it’s ok if I had a beer or a drink … Idk IAM afraid to fall back in the same hole I was in … But a drink sound so good right now with this Corona stuff n staying home … do I really have to be sober of all things

3 Likes

Personally I can’t say no don’t drink, bc it’s you’re life your gonna do what you want. But I would say, stay sober man. I had a bad coke problem and chose that over drinking for a while,then it turned into doing both. And ever time I would drink I would want coke. So it’s kind of like just filling one for the other,yes what’s going on rite now in the world is stressfull, but drinking isn’t going to help you. Drinking might sound good rite now, but then you’re gonna want one tomorrow and the next day and the next day, untill boom it’s another addiction that you have to try to beat. So in my opinion Def do what you like, but I’d just keep safe man, this to shall pass and drinking it away isn’t gonna help anything, stay sober so if something serious happens you’re in your right mind and can think clearly and appropriately. Hope this helps

6 Likes

I tend to think that the addictive mind would gladly trade substances over staying sober. I’ve never been a pothead, only a dunk but i fully believe i would become a pothead if i started smoking. Just my 2 cents. Good luck either way.

3 Likes

I know for me, not a drug user ever, but under the influence of alcohol I’ll pretty much do anything. My simple advice would be to steer clear of it.

2 Likes

It’s up to you. The definition of sobriety to me is to abstain from all substances. Alcohol has never been my first choice, mine are pain pills and coke. But I will not pick up a drink. Alcohol is considered a drug. You don’t want to be trading one addiction for another.

2 Likes

Thats totally your call. Does drinking make you more inclined to do heroin?

Personally, I was addicted to Ketamine. I started drinking booze coming off of the K and suddenly found myself an alcoholic. I drank all hours of the day because thats what I used to do with the K. I drank more than ever. I traded one addiction for another.
I feel like this happens to a lot of people. My friend who ran out of Ket got 2 DUIs in one month from all the drinking from not having is DOC and his brother ODed on heroin and died.

3 Likes

I was taught a drug is a drug is a drug is a drug! being an addict to put down one and you tend to pick up another you go from one addiction to another being an alcoholic when I put down alcohol I picked up Sweets and I couldn’t put Sweetsdown.Thatsthe addictive personality in me! And from what I understand it’s the addictive personality in most of us! It’s your call but I would personally steer clear from that also! Don’t put yourself in a spot where you find yourself in another addiction! It’s a Wicked Circle! Good Luck!

2 Likes

To use to escape reality is foolish.

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” 1 Peter 5:8

Right now it is more important to have a sober mind than ever before. But do as you wish. Good luck.

5 Likes

If you were to ask narcotics anonymous try would seriously advise your to avoid alcohol as it is a drug, my doc was also heroin and I will not drink at all even though I have never had an issue with it. You would do well to do the same. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I was also a heroin user and I also dont drink anymore. It’s a gateway to a slippery slope.

4 Likes

Well I’m not going to drink … I hate u guys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… Just kidding …I guess I was looking for some kind of approval … Thank u for the feedback … u r right …I will prbly end up using again if I drink … I will just go back to eating 20 meals a day …man I hate this Corona stuff

7 Likes

Sounds like you have a thing for excess. Take some time and try to figure out the imbalance. If you’re struggling to cope and are compensating with something else, be it heroin, alcohol, food, sex etc try to reflect for a few minutes a day and figure out a better coping mechanism. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great decision @Mazkitt. It’s easy to slip into another addiction.
I was never a pill person but as soon as I quit drinking I immediately started taking double my ADD pills thinking I am going to need to start taking more to stay “focused”
Ended up giving those up too.
On the bright side I am sober and no longer have ADD.

1 Like

The first time I tried to get sober I thought heroin was my only problem too. 18 months and 2 rehabs later I decided that maybe I should just avoid all drugs and alcohol. Every time I drank heroin was not far behind.

3 Likes

I hear what ur saying… that thought has crossed my mind also. Alcohol was never a problem for me. Drugs were always my issue. HOWEVER, when I quit using drugs and thought that I could possibly have a drink (bcuz hey, alcohol was never a problem)… guess what happened, I would drink to excess. The reason behind why I pick up is the same for drugs and for alcohol. No matter what the substance is, I will use it in excess.

4 Likes