Quit smoking cigarettes

Hello. This is my fist day on the patch and let me just say…I WANT A CIGARETTE :smoking:

I read a book called the easy way by Alan Carr and it helped me tremendously! Once you can learn why we smoke and direct the lies we tell ourselves it makes it so much easier!!!

I smoked for 27 years and have almost 11 months with no nicotine and I was 36 before I learned that lettuce actually has a flavor!!!

1 Like

I am day 12 tobacco free. Dipped for 34 years. Tried cold turkey but it kicked my butt. Using lozenges.

Stick with the patch. Step down according to the plan. Don’t get cocky and try to rush. Get a new oral fixation. Lolipops work well I hear.

Stay strong. Lots of people here have quit. If they can do it, so can we!

Day 10 here! Using the patches… still feeling like ‘somethings missing’ although patches are helping with the physical cravings. Determined to do this.

Check out a book called the easy way by Alan carr. I quit smoking after 27 years with no patches, lozenges and today I have been smoke free for 11 months with no desire to go back. When I quit I had to break my habits like when I got home I would smoke…so instead I would just go walk around until it was time to cook dinner till that felt normal and when you start seeing your gains it gets better…I was 36 and realized that lettuce actually has a taste! Keep it up. It’s totally worth it and the fact I’ve saved over $2900 from not smoking is an extra added bonus!

I tried the patch and gum with no success. I resorted to Chantix and it worked for me.