Quitting for my baby

I’m only 1 day clean, but I just had my first baby boy and I have to quit for him, it’s really hard but it’s worth it. I don’t want my baby taken from me over marijuana. It crushes me to even think about that. He’s still in the NICU at the hospital and won’t be released until dhs does a house check and a drug screening on me. I’m praying for the best. I want to be a good mother for him, more than anything in this world. I just want what’s best for my newborn child.

12 Likes

Sounds like you know what you need to do. Stay sober at all costs. I’d print what you wrote and look at it daily for motivation. Good luck and this community will always be here when in need or want support.

6 Likes

The best thing you can do for your child is give them 100% of yourself! Drugs alter your frame of mind. You can do this Mama I believe in you. You are in the best place the forum here is very helpful you are not alone. You’ve got this take it one day at a time.

5 Likes

Welcome! In fact there are several threads about parenting - here’s a recent one:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, being on here really has helped me.

1 Like