Quitting Weed because of (CHS)

Today i’m officially 24 hours sober from weed and i need to be because I have CHS which is basically an allergy due to long term cannabis use that makes you very sick. I’ve been smoking since I was really young it’s what I used to cope with the difficult things i go through throughout my life. Now if i were to smoke it just makes me nauseous and my stomach hurt but i still have the urge because it’s what got me through the tough times.

4 Likes

Congrats on this great decision! All the talk about legalization and social acceptance of marijuana does not change the fact that science has always said it is an addictive drug with short and long term consequences.

6 Likes

Thanks for the support it’s tough right now. I have trouble sleeping with stopping right now I hope it changes soon

1 Like

I’ve experienced something similar, but not with the severity of your illness.

I used to smoke all the freaking time when I was young and up well past my thirties. I did terrible in school and other pastimes that others excelled in such as sport or technical skill such as woodworking or highly creative welding and so on. Everyone was better at video game than me. I wonder why.

There is a dispensary less than half a klic from my place. I’ve tried some fine budd that left me anxious. Same thing with edibles. Cannabis has been off the menu at my place for a number of years now.

Been there done that. Been there don’t wanna go back. I hope you’re feeling better. Soon you’ll be able to remember the plotlines of Netflix movies you watch just yesterday.

4 Likes

Oh! I also meant to say, nice to hear from you. Welcome aboard.

2 Likes

@nicksicaroe

Thank you for introducing Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome to me; it was unknown.

I imagine you’re addicted to THC; I was and after deciding to live Recovery I realized I never needed it and I could have avoided the negative aspects of smoking/using marijuana.

Your craving will dissipate (if you remain abstinent) in time which could be the catalyst to seeing life without substance googles!!!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your experience it really helps!

1 Like

Hi there! I have been sober from alcohol for four months and 11 days. When I quit alcohol I picked up cannabis and must say it did help me; however, after 6 months into it, I developed a stomach condition. I never vomited and had little nausea. I assume it is CHS, but my doctor thinks otherwise and believes it’s from my diet. I gave cannabis a break and now it’s been 30 days. I have had no problem quitting. I don’t really miss it, although, sometimes I wish I could take an edible when out w friends. Since I quit, my symptoms are slowly getting better, which I believe is proof that I do have CHS and most doctors are clueless about this condition. I am not 100%, but starting to feel like myself again. Honestly, I’m scared to even go back to it and most likely won’t. Stick to what you are doing and it will get better. It can take 30 to 90 days to see improvement. Good luck and keep up the good work!

As someone who has gone through the withdraws from weed many a times i can tell you in my experience everytime I barely sleep the first 2-3 day then when i do get good sleep after that i get the craziest most vivid dreams. There have also been times i have woken up and the bed was completely soaked in sweat and had to wash the sheets a couple of times the first week. People says there are no withdrawals from it but in my experience thats not the case. After a couple of weeks though you will be feeling better

1 Like