R.i.p. RBG

One the greats. If you have been in or around law you know how much this one hurts. Equality was not just a buzzword for her. It was her mission.

30 Likes

So sad!! I was a fan, for sure.

5 Likes

Such a huge loss for our country… the women in our country, so sad.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing. To be honest I don’t know much about American politics/people but she sounds like a a great lady. My mum passed from this horrific cancer and my heart goes out to her family

6 Likes

I’m literally in tears over here. I could so easily pick up a drink. Fuck this. I know this ain’t about me but Fuck. We are really doomed.

God Bless RBG. She did all she could and then some. What a great great lady. We could not have asked more from her.
:pray::pray::pray:

15 Likes

I so admired her. The second woman elected to our Supreme Court. She was smart, fierce and committed to justice. I am heartbroken…for her family and for our country.

15 Likes

Really, really gutted.

7 Likes

Having the privilege of reading many of her opinions while in law school opened up my eyes to a lot of things. Very few justices ever reach common people the way she did. I doubt any ever will again.

13 Likes

Just heartbreaking :pleading_face::sob:

6 Likes

I was reading a beautiful story on her just now; her husband died in 2010 and he left a handwritten note by his bedside for her to find. So sweet.:heart:

“My dearest Ruth,” it began. “You are the only person I have loved in my life, setting aside, a bit, parents and kids and their kids, and I have admired and loved you almost since the day we first met at Cornell.” He added: “What a treat it has been to watch you progress to the very top of the legal world!!”

16 Likes

7 Likes

A love story for the ages. :heart:

4 Likes

A legend and rightly so. Well respected. Her reason and logic are solid as hell. Definitely a big loss for the Supreme Court and the world at large

7 Likes

It was a tough night to not hoist a toast. I was sore tempted since everyone else around me was. But I didn’t. Did anyone else feel that way?

3 Likes

Those were the exact thoughts I had. Fuck it. Why even be sober? We’re screwed. But I didn’t drink. I didn’t. Better be worth it, dammit.

6 Likes

It is always worth it not drinking. We honor her hard work and relentless fight for what is right with our sobriety. We keep fighting the good fight…for ourselves and our loved ones and dammit for Justice Ginsberg. She was her best self…let’s be ours!!

10 Likes

I’m so fucking depressed. My wife is drinking and I’m just barely hanging on. Just want to cry. But it a drink isn’t going to help either. Guess we just have to FEEL. depressed.

9 Likes

Thanks @SassyRocks always spot on. Have to look to you experienced folks right now.
:pray::heart:

2 Likes

And it is 100% okay to be devastated …let it stir you to continue to fight the good fight. As they say, use your pain as fuel and keep pushing forward :heart:

5 Likes

This is absolutely terrifying for the future of our nation. It’s even more important that we maintain our sobriety now.

10 Likes