Rage and change

I remember when I was younger I had so much rage. Like if I heard the word no I’d trash my house… Holes in the walls, thrown trash cans, broke glass. I couldn’t even wear a dress shirt because I got so ust to getting so mad while wearing a dress shirt that if I wore a dress shirt I’d be raging be4 noon.

This went on for about 10 years. 10 years worth of misery. It was so bad. I was so angry all the time which made me miserable

Realizing how miserable I was while angry could have changed my attitude.

Now I’m a very kind person. I don’t mean to brag but I’m a very kind man now.

I brought this up to say people can change. I know this because I did

Stay brave and strong everyone

12 Likes

Anger sure does wear you out, age you prematurely, and steal so much of your quality time.
Must feel great to quiet the rage.

9 Likes

Very inspiring and insightful as usual. :+1:
How did you change from being so angry all the time? How did you do it?

2 Likes

One day I called my dad to get some of my ssi money. I asked for like 300$ from it and I didn’t need to get it because it was for pot and pot is not that important, anyway he said all he had was 80$ because he wanted it to last me a while which was also too much because pot is stupid. I got mad at him as usual and hung up the phone. Then a second after I hung up the phone, I thought 80$ is a lot of money. I called him back and said I was sorry for getting mad and I asked him if he was mad at me and he said" when you get mad at me everything u.you say goes in one ear and out the other".

My dad’s forgiveness that moment really changed me. Ever sence then I’ve been keeping an eye on myself and get a little better everyday. That was about 6 years ago

4 Likes

Thank you for this great share :pray:
As I’m still on my way in this direction it’s encouraging.

2 Likes

That takes an INCREDIBLE amount of inner work to change intense emotion like that. Very proud of you for how far youve come :slight_smile:

1 Like