Ready to relapse

I don’t have much support and I’m struggling with the urge to get High again

1 Like

You came to the right place. We are all here for support. Whats going on that’s making you feel this way?

2 Likes

Ive seen people also post online meeting resources as well. This may help!

https://virtual-na.org/

2 Likes

If you don’t have any sobriety literature, you can read some at AA.org. Redirecting my thoughts from drinking towards sobriety helped me deal with urges that seemed to come out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Thank you. I guess it’s just the feeling of isolation and learning how to be okay with myself. I’m always looking for validation from people when I know I don’t need it. When i would get high, I wouldn’t care about these things. Didn’t care about having attention.
I had more friends when I was using and now that I’m sober, I can’t even talk to the people I used to because they are still using.

4 Likes

Hello, sobriety is difficult…
Lonely at times…but definitely worth it. We all get these urges you’re getting…I don’t want to say they get easier, but we do learn to deal/cope with them a lot better as we progress. I lost all my so called “friends” when I decided to stop drugging and drinking. But thats okay…they were a whole bunch of leeches that only wanted to take from me and never give. If you really take a step back and analyze your “friends” you’ll see what I’m talking about…if you need someone to tell you not to do it…here I am, dont do it. Its not even worth it.

4 Likes

Thank you. It’s so true. I know they were never my real friends and were just there to accompany my misery.
I’ve been reading this book called “co dependent no more” and it has helped a lot in these moments.
I don’t want to get high again and I don’t want to die. Just want to feel love and I know that comes from within and no drug or person will fix that for me.
It’s nice this app exist and I can vent without feeling judged.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, some of you know me on here and today I just had a major relapse. I’m not feeling well as the sh is seemingly worst than planned, my hands are shaking, and it’s as if I’m in and out of sleep… I feel horrible. There’s not a lot of bl00d anymore which is good. I feel strange… What should I do keeping in mind nobody knows I did this…

2 Likes

Is there an NA meeting in person you can go to? I know you don’t want anybody to know, but having that in person support could help you right now

2 Likes

Hi Jules :wave:
Have you got a support network working with professionals about the sh?
I think it may help for you to call and let them know how you have been the past week. Lots of hugs :people_hugging::people_hugging::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Jules, I don’t know much, if anything, about self harm but I am concerned by how you are feeling and I think it might be best if you seek medical attention. I know that must be scary but you are so worth it. If you are feeling shaky and going in and out of sleep or consciousness, I think you need to be checked out by a doctor. What would you tell someone you love to do if they described these symptoms to you? Please reach out to someone who can help you and make sure you are safe. Easier said than done, but posting here tells me you do want some help. I wish I could hold your hand and take you to the ER or Urgent care myself.

5 Likes

You hit the nail right on the head. That feeling that drugs gives you is false and temporary. You have to work in filling your own cup. And self-esteem comes from esteemable acts they say. And do something today that makes you feel better about yourself as a person, and really notice and be proud that you did it.

1 Like

If you are still bleeding or feel weak from loss of blood then you must go to the ER. Doctors and nurses have to keep info confidential. They may also be able to point you towards counseling services in your area.

4 Likes

I just worked out to see if it would help. It definitely helped with the craving to get High. Still feeling empty but will not relapse today

6 Likes

Thank you everyone. Doing alright. Relapsed a few more times not too bad tho. I’m exhausted. This many cuts at once truly mentally drained me and I feel like staying in bed for years :sweat_smile: which is so unlike me bc I like to be busy. Life has been super good but also super super hard. I’m feeling torn between my health mental/physical and my relationship with my twin. We have good times but mostly it’s a bad situation. I think it’s all getting to me and I’m starting to break.

1 Like

Hi @Jules000 sorry you’re having a rough time. Coming here is a great move that shows you’re determined to get through this. What you described sounds like medical attention is needed. Especially moving in and out of consciousness. If there is no support handy, you could try calling a medical help line to walk you through what to do. I would say get a lift to hospital or call an ambulance but I’m not sure if that will draw the (unwanted?) attention of your household. Whatever you decide, we are here for you. Stay strong!

2 Likes

Thats why meetings will help people there will identify with you and you can make new sober ones wish you well

2 Likes

How are you today @Jules000 ?

And how are you also @Saikley ?
I have been having some bad urges also. I won’t act on them. Too many bad flash backs of past mistakes.
But I know if I put myself first and get to meetings it will make it all alot easier.
I haven’t the energy to go - I have every excuse - haven’t even logged on to am online meeting. I know I should. I will tonight before bed.
Just seeing how you are doing :hugs: and to let you know you aren’t alone.

2 Likes

Thx for asking. Not great but staying sober today

1 Like

You have the support of millions of people across the planet. More importantly, for me, I always have the support of my Higher Power. Unfortunately, my Higher Power didn’t always have support from me. Despite being surrounded by love. Here, in the rooms & from ‘family’. I had to face a simple fact: Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining.