Realization. New here

I am excited to give this community a try, I wish I can have this feeling that I have right now all the time, if I did I would’ve been sober a long time ago. I’ve went on stints where I was sober for a couple weeks here and there. My realization hit me when I thought to myself last night that I’ve drank the last 28 days straight, how much money I’ve spent, how much poison that goes through my blood. Anyways without going into too much detail, for anyone on their road to recovery, you are in my thoughts and are my motivation at this current moment. At the end of the day, we’re all in this and are trying to live a better life.

Have a blessed day everybody.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community!

This community helped me not only get sober, but stay sober. It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it!

It’s sad and scary when you really start thinking about that stuff. It reminds me of David Cassidy’s last words, as he was dying from alcoholism he said, “so much wasted time”. Let’s not become that!

Welcome and hope to see you around!

2 Likes

Welcome to an amazing sober community @jlmonta17

This community and AA and the 12 steps got me sober after 20 years of addiction. Its possible if you work for it.

Its awesome you had that pivitol moment to inspire your sobriety. Build on that momentum by dedicating what time you did to drinking to your recovery!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. I hope that it will be a useful tool in building your sober life.

2 Likes