Really struggling these past few weeks

Oh love i am so grateful to see you seeking out the help and working on getting better. Grateful to hear that you will be working with your sponsor tomorrow :hugs:

We got your back love – keep pushing forward and as long as you remember why you are keeping away from the poison (i find a list of reasons of why i’m sober helps keep me sober).

much love to you friend :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

I’m proud of you for stepping up and taking control of your life. Once we realize addiction doesn’t control us, it’s actually the other way around, it’ll get somewhat easier. I hope you start feeling better soon. :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

I’m so very proud of you! It takes so much strength to ask for help when you need it and YOU did it. :muscle: Your jounrey will be long, but so very worth it.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone. I’m now on my way home and am looking forward to making myself a lemon and ginger tea.

Thank you for all your kindness and support, especially @Jasty2 for your realistic take - it really did boot me up the arse, which is exactly what I needed!

I’m feeling much lighter now, which is exactly how I felt when I stopped drinking the first time. It’s nice to feel like me again.

I’m still a little sick and shakey, but I think that’s more to do with the fact I haven’t eaten in two days :frowning:

I’ve also set my alarm to remind myself to call my support worker (sponsor) about starting medication for my alcoholism, and I’m also going to make a GP appointment to get my antidepressants increased.

One really good thing to come out of this hospital visit is that I am now under my hospital’s Alcohol Care Team - they’ve offered me support meetings and have arranged follow up appointments to keep track of my bloods and liver function.

Now I’ve just got to go home and clear up all the empty cans and bottles… but this truly is the last relapse for me, I’m going to make sure of it.

Thank you again all, I really couldn’t do this without you x

12 Likes

So happy to see you went! You made a huge step in the right direction and you should be so proud of yourself. Here’s to a new beginning :tada:

5 Likes

So how are you making out?

2 Likes

4 days sober today! Cleared out all the leftover bottles and cans tonight. Withdrawals have pretty much gone too :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That’s great. Just always keep in mind, you never have to feel the way you did before detox ever again, if you don’t want to. You’re 100% in control of your life, not alcohol and drugs.

3 Likes

100%! I’m really sticking to it this time. I said enough was enough, and I mean it! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yayyyyy!! So happy for you. This will be the best chapter of your life yet

2 Likes

Im so happy you were able to push past this :smile: I work in one of the biggest hospitals in california and I’m always glad when we get patients who seek help. I’m not glad that they are sick…I’m glad at the fact that they are LOOKING for help. Im always an open book with them. I share my experiences with them and they’re always shocked! You should never be ashamed of this. Much love and I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m 6 days sober today! :slight_smile:
I hope you are well too, and thank you for helping others like ourselves.

4 Likes

Very happy to read this! What really helped me after constant relapsing was reading “Alcohol lied to me” and “Happy sober solution” from Craig Beck. I listened to them on audible. The latter I’ve listened even twice so far, just to get the message 1000%! :sweat_smile: I haven’t had the desire to drink since then (been 2 weeks so far), while my previous sober attempts I used to go with willpower and white knuckling.

3 Likes

Thats great! Keep it up and keep moving forward :+1: I will always help my people :slightly_smiling_face: I understand them as soon as I see them. I too have been in the hospital…few OD’s and other reasons. If you ever need an ear to vent to or just talk. Please know, Im here.

1 Like

Thank you, and you too!

1 Like