Reasons for stopping

The passion I have for a better life, for myself and my family.

2 Likes

Feeling dead inside and being sick all the time. Hating the way i was living or just existing. Being anxiety ridden all the time. Isolating myself from things and people. Being a miserable lazy drunk watching life pass by. Absolutely done with all of that.

3 Likes

couldnt imagine living wo liquor but didnt want to keep living w liquor. just wanted my life to end and thought if i stood any chance i td be through sobriety

4 Likes

My mother is on dialysis, so at first I stopped using so that I could be there for her. She was there for me even when everyone else was done with me, all 34 years of my life. The least I could do was be there for her. And I have stayed sober because, much to my surprise, I actually like who I am when I’m not on drugs. Never thought that was possible.

7 Likes

I had enough but I was in a house with about 6 addict one day there was a knock at door I open it some young lad only 15 years old ask if this person was there my mate so I ask ho he was he sed am his son he came to find his dad after 15 years not seeing him his dad was off his head that was my wake up call made me think that one day that be me standing there in front of my daughter. It was time to change my ways better myself for me and no one else I didn’t want to be the man I ended up been no more naw am 6 months 12 days sober happy in life at min just for today x peace and love guys

5 Likes

Is that the 26th or 27th of november?

Thanksgiving Day.

We’re one day off from being twins the

1 Like

Right on that’s rad!!!

1 Like

I stopped drinking for my mental health and well-being. This is a progressive disease and I was afraid of what my future might hold if I didn’t.

5 Likes

Sounds like the last time I relapsed. Drank too much at my brother’s wedding, then tried to combat the very likely liquor poisoning with meth. It’s such a slippery slope.