Recommendations for Quit lit, podcasts and quitting tips for marijuana

Hi all!! I was wondering if any of you on here could recommend quit lit from marijuana please. Books or even better pod casts. It’s my nephew, he’s on day three off of it since he was 14, he’s now 25. Any tips in the early stages would also be grately appreciated :pray:t2::two_hearts: thank you in advance guys! I love this place and couldn’t do my sobriety without it, I’m so grateful for here and all of you lovely lot! X

3 Likes

Hi Blondie, first of well done on your own sobriety and I think it’s amazing you’re trying to help your nephew in anyway you can.
I am currently 40 days sober from alcohol, I have been binge listening to sober podcasts, I am getting so much out of them. I listen to 1-4 hours a day. Such a great tool.
If you go onto Spotify & search “quitting marijuana” it should throw up several. Or Google for suggestions.
I have found that listening to a podcast is very much like meeting a new person, you need to be in their company for a few hours to know whether there’s a connection or not. I’m currently listening to “Present & Sober”. I also binged “Sobriety Uncensored”, I started listening to that podcast before I quit.
Ultimately your nephew won’t know which ones will help him until he starts listening to them, discovering if he feels a connecting with the presenters & can get some kind of value, insight or comfort from listen to them.
I hope that helps (if I’ve made any sense, I’m so ready for my bed)
Wishing you both well & good night

2 Likes

Thanks @Lisa-B ! And congratulations to you on 40 days!! I will have a look for podcasts on Spotify as you suggested :+1::pray:t2: I recently purchased this book which he really seems to be enjoying…

He said it’s been very helpful (just incase anyone else was wanting something weed specific). It’s been a stressful time for him and is just recently but I think now he finally is ready and he is sick and tired of being sick and tired. We hope he sticks at it but only he can do it :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:t2:. Thanks Lisa! Have a great day and let’s keep going together!! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

It’s so great to hear that he’s finding the book very helpful.I think a lot of people just get to a stage where they’ve just had enough, sadly it’s takes so much effort & work to stop. I wish you both well & keep up the good work, clearly you’re an amazing support to him 🩷

1 Like