Recommendations đź“š

Hey guys! I’ve been looking at past book posts and trying to pin down 1 book to start reading. I’m looking for something that is kind of inspirational, insightful, it can be a little religious, but just something to help keep me going.

If you had to pick your top 2 books that you always go to… which would they be?

Thanks for the help guys!

For me and about my recovery I choose the big book of AA and the Daily Reflection. I just don’t ever want to forget what it was like.

2 Likes

Resources for our recovery
Lots of good choices on here.
Always helps to use the :mag:up top to search existing threads.

Enjoy reading!

1 Like

This is perfect. Thank you for sharing. I had used the search before and just couldn’t decide but I love how that link has things laid out like that.

2 Likes

Hi, hello :wave:t2:
I am not long finished 5 a.m. club. It was really good. A helpful book and a good story, written really well.

1 Like

Are you asking specifically for books about recovery? Two of my favorites are “We Are the Luckiest” by Laura McKowen and “Bottled” by Dana Bowman. I particularly related to those as a mom. I just finished “Blackout” by Sarah Hepola, which was also a great read. And I really enjoyed “Recovery” by Russell Brand.

2 Likes

Glad you like the list! My #1 favorite, as it says, is Quit Like A Woman by Holly Whitaker.

1 Like

Are you meaning recovery books? If so my absolute favourite is Drink: The Intimate Relationship Between Women and Alcohol. It’s part memoir, part research. It’s just flipping good!!

3 Likes

I enjoyed The unexpected joy of being sober from Catherine Grey and Drinking: A love story from Caroline Knapp.
There is also a few books with everyday questions you can think/write about such as The 365 addiction recovery journal (become a new you) or The Addiction recovery journal from Straaten. I have found them helpful as no story is like yours.

2 Likes