Recovering from relapse

Relapsed two days ago. Was mostly sad of disappointment. Today I feel better. I feel like I’m missing a sober community.

15 Likes

Hey there!! How’re you feeling now?? What’s your plan for handling disappointment in the future?? I know the desire to numb the feelings, and have to remind myself that they will pass…

2 Likes

Hey! How is everything going for you ?
Thanks for replying and caring. My plan consists of reminding myself of the successes I’ve been achieving. Taking accountability for the event, but not allowing myself to get stuck on it and use the specifics as reasons to remind myself why I chose to get and live sober.
I’m feeling calmer at the moment and more confident because I didn’t let it go any further than it did and chose to reach out instead of shutting down and keep to myself. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome Mnhic
I’m happy you made it back and found us.
Lately I been surrounding myself with recovery. Going to lots of different meetings. It’s helped me tons. I’m fortunate to live in a place where there’s lots of recovery.
There’s always someone around here. Have a good read around and join in when you’re comfortable.

https://talkingsober.com/t/advice-for-the-newcomer-and-constant-relapser/11064

ODAAT
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Welcome! So happy you made it back…

5 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
Nice to meet you :hugs:

2 Likes

Well done you!!!

Your plan is awesome, and I’m so happy to hear that you were able to pull out and find that mental space to readjust and keep moving forward!

I’ve been doing well - although occasionally I find myself hearing the wine whispers, trying to lure me back with the fiction of: it would just be one to celebrate! You have earned it!

Coming here has helped me to keep that temptation at bay, and that it’s never “just one” - so I don’t bother :slight_smile:

We can do it, and we’re in this together

2 Likes

Back on the horse maybe ameeting might help wish you well

1 Like

The way i see it,
Relapse is a simple notch
Towards permanent recovery
Your not going to know THAT YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE IT if you do not learn from this
Relapse, is our way of testing the limits of the decision to stay sober.
Sorrow of Relapse is no place to hang out. Get up, dust off and do it again
Except Relapse, don’t do that again
:grin:

Keep coming back

#Relapseforsobriety

3 Likes