Recovery and damage caused

Hello still early in recovery and trying to repair the damage

Right when I make progress I get kicked in the jewels

God willing I will make it through this

1 Like

Of course your make it through. Stay strong how are you doing your recovery? I found working the the 12steps programme really helped and when you get to step 9 you can make all your amends to those we hurt and did wrong to x

1 Like

I am working the steps It does seem they work everytime I have relapsed is when I wasn’t putting the work in and others say the same thing I appreciate the words of encouragement last night I was on one of the down moments because some of the stuff I did was thrown back up at me I understand it’s part of the process and I have to accept that some will take longer (if ever) to forgive I hope you have a great day :grin:

Just keep on staying sober. My 17 year old son throws my drinking back in my face everyday and I fucking hate it. I know he is hurt but people have to realize that when they do this it can make us relapse. I have told him sorry many times over but he continues to hurt me with his words. I guess you and me have to get over this hump when it’s thrown in our faces and work harder no matter how much it kills us. Hang in there and good luck. :blush:

1 Like

I wish you luck to. Hopefully your son will stop throwing it in your face as he sees your serious about staying sober, thank you for your words of encouragement :grin: