Recovery group

Is it wrong not to want to go to my recovery group as people are relapsing and i feel the need to focus on what i am doing.

4 Likes

Interesting… I just said a few minutes ago how I avoid relapse posts on here. It reminds me how easy it is to lose it all. I like to focus on the positive of my sobriety, I don’t always have the strength to deal with other peoples relapses. So yeah, I get where you are coming from.

Having a sober tribe is important. Having human connection is important. But that should be a positive experience. Don’t lose the connection to sober people around you, but maybe it’s time to find a different group? Or switch to online meetings for a few sessions before going back.
:squid:

8 Likes

Thanks. I may do a zoom this weekend and see how i feel before next group meeting. I feel selfish though but need to look after myself. Doing a online course atm too which is very intense recommended by talking therapy so brain very overloaded.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with following the path that you believe gives you the greatest chance of success. This is a time to be greedy for yourself and take care of your health.

There are definitely posts that I don’t engage with and some conversations that I avoid.

I applaud you for putting yourself first.

3 Likes

Thanks . A lot of thinking to do.x

1 Like

Nice share
Consider this, if no one comes back after Relapse, WE will never learn. Sometimes, correction, every time a person comes back AFTER Relapse,
That alone takes courage

2 Likes

Yes it wrong just because people relapse isnt a excuse not to go there are plenty of other meetings to go to i wish you well