Recovery in meth

I am coming up to my 2 year mark. Everyday seems to get easier but I have yet to actually live a life of recovery, aside from just staying clean and sober. I can make it to meetings if I actually tried but the motivation is non-existent. What can I do to help me get motivated to go to meetings besides my sober date?

7 Likes

Do them online:

Online meeting resources

Also just saying,
“I know I don’t want to; I’m gonna do it anyway.”

Motivation is one of those things that comes and goes. Life is like that: it’s unpredictable and up and down. We can’t let our sobriety depend on life; ultimately motivation isn’t always gonna be there, you just gotta go anyway.

I don’t say that to be discouraging - in fact it’s very liberating: you aren’t relying on what happens to you, for anything. Your sobriety is your choice and your power. You choose to be sober, and you choose to go to your meetings.

You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. Take care and never, ever give up :innocent:

2 Likes

I do zoom meetings you don’t even have to leave your house

1 Like

What does it mean to “live a life of recovery”?

I think if you are clean and sober you are doing great. Quitting meth is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Give yourself a pat on the back and figure out what works for you.

If AA meetings aren’t your thing, have you tried other meetings or programs? Like SMART (therapy based) recovery or Refuge Recovery (Buddhist)

What you can’t get away with us not doing the work. You can’t afford to start doing meth again. 2 years is not enough. It does get better!

1 Like

It’s not that the meetings aren’t for me it’s the lack of motivation to go though. I haven’t actually worked the steps either. I’m just kind of floating through my sobriety.

It’s fine and well that you made it this far. But if you are thinking about using and losing all of that time that you earned. Maybe Now is the time to start.

1 Like

No, no thoughts of use. Only during stressful or ptsd induced moments but I look to The Big Book when I’m in those states and use my coping mechanisms or just write.

1 Like