Reducing Regime or NOT?

Hi

I suffer from addiction of Codeine and at my worst i can have 40 per day!

I am looking for the opinion of others who have either reduced their use or stopped on the spot?

Any of your own sorry and what you found best would be great, thanks!!

Opiate detox won’t kill you but it will suck. I still recommend a Suboxone taper or a detox center followed up with either an outpatient group or 12 step program. However, if you can handle the wd you would be safe in jumping off from where you are at.

1 Like

And again, i respecr your thoights on it.

Just looking for the opinions of others.

Thanks

Kinda feels like your looking for an answer that you already have in mind. The best thing to do is anything at this point, whether it be stopping all at once or tapering down before stopping. Coming here every 3 days to get suggestions won’t help unless you actually follow through with some of them.

I am trying to open up a dialogue on the various ways people with Opiate addiction have been successful.

Not sure im in the right page. I unfortunately thought this was meant to be an environment where your choices are respected so, if i wish to post -every 3 days- amd this would ptrsent an ossue.

I shoild bow out now.

I’m just saying that any way you choose to quit is good so long as you are quitting. Have you gone through opiate withdrawal before? If you haven’t a taper down might be best. If you’ve experienced before and think you can handle it then going cold turkey is definitely an option