Reflections after the first year

This has been a hell of a year. I have traveled to both coasts as well as to another country entirely, adopted a puppy while raising a toddler, I have stood next to my sister and witnessed her marry the only man I’ve met worthy of her love, then almost lost her to a random ass drive by shooting in Vegas. I’ve stood in the rain in the desert, been on 9 airplanes, rented 4 cars, crossed 100k miles on my old truck. I have also, for weeks at a time, been a single dad due to my wife’s job, had a minor surgery that wasn’t locally anesthetized properly so I felt the majority of the pain, and most recently witnessed six men lose their their lives in an airplane crash. I have had panic attacks, I’ve been forced to feel emotions that I would have drank away, I have been forced to reckon with my adult ADHD that I had been self-medicating with nicotine for 17 years. It has been a hard year, but it has also been an intensely beautiful year. Here are just a few moments from it.

TLDR; quitting alcohol has been an incredible blessing.

416 days sober from alcohol
288 days off nicotine.

24 Likes

That is wonderful! It’s a beautiful liberty :innocent:

1 Like

Awesome. So glad you took the time to post as this is very motivating. Best gift I ever gave myself was sobriety.

1 Like

Congrats on a year sober!

1 Like

Congratulations on your year…it sounds like a lot of growth and change and experiences!

1 Like

Beautiful and inspirational post!! (Btw, is that Lake Moraine?)

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Beautiful photos and sentiments :heart:

1 Like

Good guess, It’s actually Lake Louise!

Congrats on a year+ through some monumental life experiences. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Wow what a year and a wonderful outlook. Congratulations!

1 Like

I didn’t recognize it—I visited there last spring. Beautiful area!!

1 Like

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Some beautiful pictures and some big moments. Congratulations on your sober time. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Here’s a little more context :slight_smile: I had to take an instagram vs reality series with the people on the bank haha. It wasn’t terribly busy that day though, probably because of the rainy weather.

1 Like