Relaps after relaps

Once i had 2 weeks no more relaps. Untill i slipped up and now i keep slipping up over and over again…

2 Likes

I’m sorry about the relapses, I know it sucks.
Try to add something to your recovery. If you chance nothing, nothing changes :hugs:
Recovery is hard work, not just not picking up.
You haven’t been very active here on the forum, maybe upgrate that?
What I think is a good read is:What's YOUR plan? ore
Resources for our recovery.
So dust yourself of and get into action mode, you can do it! :facepunch:

8 Likes

I’m glad you’re here Sakramento. Like Soberwalker says, Recovery is work. It’s a work of love though. Love for yourself in the first place, but also for those around you and to the world in general. It’s working on being the best version of yourself you can be. While staying in active addiction is the opposite really. I’m sure you can do this. I am doing it and nothing special here. We’re in this together friend.

4 Likes

Sorry about the repeating relapses but glad you’re here for support.

Looking at your stats you’ve only spent 5 minutes here since joining the forum. It’s no coincidence that those with a year or more of sobriety come here every single day. You’ll get out of your recovery what you put in.

7 Likes

Welcome to the fam man!

I guess the big question is what are you doing to get and stay sober?
Are you attending AA or any in person or online meetings? Are you speaking to a therapist or in patient or out patient programs?
You aren’t reading around this site to any degree which holds a wealth of info that has helped many many people get sober and maintain a better grasp on it.
So? What’s the plan? I only ask as you know the saying, failing to plan is planning to fail. It’s cliche but it’s true.

Hopefully we see you more active and involved as these are all only tools, you need to be the one swinging the hammer…

Best wishes for a sober day my friend

3 Likes

Maybe try ameeting ,maybe change your mindset instead of getting on that hamster wheel good intentions but no results wish you well

1 Like

I try to ditrace myself when i get the need to do my addition