Relapse after 2.5 years

…as usual unstable mental health led me to a relapse. I achieved 7 days sober now though and looking to continue. Even pregnancy didn’t stop me from pouring the drink. I knew I had to stop again as soon as possible. I had no more than 10 units over 3 days, but I know any amount is harmful to the unborn child. I managed to stop after 3 days and turn it around - the fastest I have ever turned it around after a relapse. I know I cannot afford to drink on any level - financially, health, quality of life, being pregnant, and relationships wise - everything will suffer. Even after 3 days I wanted to continue and started worrying about becoming an alcoholic mother. I experienced irritability and craving to drink in the morning too. Thank god I’m back with 8 days now and want to work on my recovery daily, like before. Gratitude lists, meetings, etc. 2.5 years is the longest achievement yet and no one can take all my sober time away from me!!! :blush: Hope this helps someone.xxxx

15 Likes

Get back to meetings wish you well

3 Likes

I had a relapse after 5 years of sober time. Back on track again with more then 5 years again.
Beating my first strike :hugs:
And you are heading for the same, because you know how to do it isn’t it?

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
This!

So welcome here! If you have any questions feel free to ask them!

1 Like