Relapse...again

Absolutely gutted. Got to 80 days this time and jacked it all in. Wanted to get out of my head and I did without a thought for my recovery. I’m picking myself up dusting off the pieces and starting again. Day 3 is already done. I feel like such a loser. I’m doing AA and have been doing meetings everyday but it still happened. I’m not getting ‘something’ and I’m scared I might never ‘get it’

1 Like

Your not a loser, losers don’t succeed 80 days of abstaining. And you didn’t throw 80 days away. You slipped and got right back on. I understand counting days is really important and beneficial , but don’t let it be your downfall. Look at the positive s. Out of the last 84 days you have 83 sober. That’s a high percentage!

13 Likes

Thank you both. Feel like a right loser.

1 Like

The above is right.

Think about going 80 days, that is a huge accomplishment. Besides you just had a little lapse.

Get back on the horse and do it again. And just remember, you are doing something that some can not or aren’t willing to do!

2 Likes

You’re not a loser. 80 days is great! The longest I’ve been sober lately is around 8 hours, or the average workday. It’s a life long battle, and everyone here is fighting.
Keep going you can do it!

1 Like

Be strong! It’s important to try to use this as a Time to understand what caused you to relapse and how to avoid it in the future. Every day is a chance to start a new no need to dwell on the past! Sending you positive energy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do NOT think you are not getting it just because you fell down a little bit. The fact you keep trying means you ARE getting it.Have faith in yourself.
You got 80 days down, and thats fricken amazing. You now know that you are capable of getting 80 days again and more.Just start with one day at a time.

2 Likes

I relapsed last night

I have to agree to keep at it. I went 90 days and relapsed. Then I went 30 days and relapsed again. I would beat myself up over & over, instead of encouraging myself to start over and set a goal. The more you look forward the easier it will get. Stay strong…you got this.

1 Like

In the last year I have relapsed 4 times. For some reason usually at 3 months or 4 months. The last time was the worst. Just remember, it only gets worse never better. We can only get up again and keep going. I am now past three months without a hitch. I hope you can make it. We are in this together. Stay strong!!

2 Likes