Relapse and angry at myself

Hi everyone i am so angry at myself last night i went to a neighbour and what happend i could not say no to few drinks i really not feeling well today why could i not just stay at home why did i relapse everytving was just so well :pensive:

9 Likes

Donā€™t do it, today is restartā€¦ drink water and donā€™t beat yourself up, itā€™s a bad vibe your feeling to give up ā€¦ No , now you know you tell people Iā€™m not drinking on detox. Keep water, juice with you at events like thisā€¦ pretend that water is the liquor lol ā€¦its a mind thing right now, so today is Day 1ā€¦ Continue , we got still 12 months to go.

4 Likes

Yes i will continue i just have this guilty conscience the feeling you have the day after

3 Likes

Just use this relapse as a tool to remind yourself of why youā€™re getting sober in the first place. Set boundaries for yourself. If you know you will be tempted to drink, donā€™t be afraid to say no. Donā€™t beat yourself up. Itā€™s frustrating, but will only hold us back from reaching your goal. Today is day one! Keep hanging onšŸ˜Š

5 Likes

Yes i start again i will not give up i just feel so sad today and guilty

1 Like

Relapse happens, but it doesnt need to. You have learned a valuable lesson, you survived. Make this lesson count.

5 Likes

Hi @Danielasharkasy Iā€™m sorry for your relapse but as @Jane1 said, use it as a tool. You now know that you canā€™t handle being around drinkers at that stage in your sobriety. Learn from it. Iā€™m glad you are getting straight back to it, the longer you stay off the wagon the harder it is to get back on, sadly, some never do. Be gentle with yourself today. Plenty of water. Treat yourself like you have the flu. Nice bath, soothing teas and plenty of rest. Back at it again now babe :raised_hands:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Get back on the horse with your new lesson learned. If we never failed we could never succeed. Donā€™t fall for the same shit twice thatā€™s allšŸ˜‰

1 Like

Hi. Learn from this and move forward. Its as simple as that. Dont beat yourself up too bad. Forward motion is keyā€¦:v:

2 Likes

ā€œFeeling good about ourselves is a choice. So is feeling guilty. When guilt is legitimate, it acts as a warning light, signaling that weā€™re off course. Then its purpose is finished.ā€ I read this quote in a book and it really stuck with me for some reason. Seems like you could use it today too! Your guilt has fulfilled its purpose, get back on track, move forward with no more excuses. :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Itā€™s okay to feel the guilt. Just donā€™t dwell on it. Pick yourself back up and brush yourself off. Start again. Maybe try an AA meeting. For me the meetings really do help with refocusing.

2 Likes

Sometimes I honestly think that we are so used to screw ups that when we are finally on the right path we sabotage ourselves. Shake off the guilt and move on. We all learn from those times. You got this :blush:

1 Like

Itā€™s happened, and now thereā€™s a valuable lesson to take away from this for you.
Donā€™t beat yourself up, but use this experience to give you strength and determination to move forward on your recovery journey. Something I was told by someone very wise here on TS, that has seen me through over about the last 560 days is: say NO to the drink that matters, the FIRST one. Then there wont be a second, third or so on! And also, when you start thinking about wanting a drink and glamourizing it in your mind, play the tape ALLL the way through! Your mind is full of BS and that drink is actually going to lead to misery and regret. Which you know is true. I like to remind myself daily that sober life = my best life. Its a balanced equation, to have one I need the other. Wish you well moving forward.

2 Likes

:hugs:thank you

1 Like

Thank you for this advice yes the main problem was always not to say no to the first one i feel better today (its monday morning ) but yesterday i had this hangover all my day was wasted i will never feel this way thank you all here for the supportšŸ¤—

I couldnt say no to the first drink was again sitting with drinkers i learned from this i thank you all for the support here it make me feel betterā€‹:hugs::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yes very true i decided to stay at home and nog going to someone who drinks its the best its anyway covid time here in germany we have a total lock down

Yes i will use it as a tool i really cant handle beeing around drinkers ā€¦ thank you for your kind words this group helps me a lot to stay motivated and not giving up :kissing_heart::hugs:

1 Like

Yes i will :blush:

Yes i was looking at the AA website they have zoom meetings i try to become member and to attend this meetings :blush:

1 Like