Relapse and suicide

I relapsed self harm recently and my closest friend that I go to for this stuff just committed suicide. I don’t know what to do. My only help is gone.

https://www.selfharm.co.uk/get/facts/recovering_from_self-harm

I’m so sorry.

I’m sorry to hear you relapsed and for the loss of your friend. Are you receiving support with this? I heard talking therapy and DBT can be useful.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Ask yourself too, what would this friend want for you and your future?

I’m so sorry hun! Losing a loved one is never easy. It’s got to be at least twice as hard to lose someone when your already emotionally spent. Please don’t follow their lead. But do keep your good memories of them close to your heart. Try to focus on positive memories, and look at each situation as a moment to learn and grow instead of a negative thing. I used to cut myself and later on moved up to getting drunk and high all the time to cover up my negative heart, and memories. I hope you find happiness and joy in your life. Life is too short to feel bad all the time. I know what losing people feels like and I know what secrets feel like. Each and every life deserves a chance at happiness so don’t stand in your own way.

2 Likes

Hey @Xiroedd, believe it or not, there are a lot of people here that do care about you and understand some of the pain you are going through. You really aren’t alone. And we certainly appreciate you sharing and reaching out for love and support. Take one day at a time. You’ll make it through this and be a better person because of it. Don’t give up hope. We do care for you.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss bud. I hope your still doing okay. One day at a time, your friend would want the best for you I’m sure.