Relapse. Did I fuck up? 100%

Hey all. Guess it’s probably time for me to reach out… my name is Austin and I’m an alcoholic. Like all the way an alcoholic. I drink until I make myself sick. It’s good for you to hear from me because I promise nobody is worse. Hehe. I just wanted to say that I know it sucks. I’m struggling and we all are struggling. Being addicted sucks. It sucks when I wake up and it sucks going to bed. I think that it’s different for me now because I’m finally willing to talk about it. If you need to reach out or even could use a bit of help from talking I’m here. It’s a rough go. I’m at Rick bottom and probably will stay here for a minute. Just tell me what you need. I hope the world is kind to you! Let me know guys!!!

10 Likes

Hi Austin…being an alcoholic sucks bigtime. Yet here we are finally willing to reach out and talk. Please, don’t think you’re worse than anyone else. We’re all in this boat together.

2 Likes

Hey, bud.
Welcome.
Being willing to talk about it is a big thing. I know I keep quiet for so long thinking if I didn’t talk about it then it wasn’t real!
I could convince myself that I wasn’t that bad!
Untill the day it sucked that bad that I had to do something!
One of the first things I learned was to accept where I found myself.
Ok so yes it sucked, I could mo longer drink. I’d not be able to join my mates in the piss ups. But hey? I wanted to live right? So I accepted my lot in life and have found other things to do.
And I’m actually enjoying life so much more.
I’m getting out and about in nature, challenging myself and learning new things.
Stick around it really helps

4 Likes

Hey Austin it’s lovely to hear from you, and I see your hearts in the right place reaching out to others but I’d say concentrate on getting your house sorted, hold most of the helpfulness and energy for yourself and no its not a selfish act it’s a selfless act for yourself, all the best buddy.

2 Likes

Hey Austin, thank you for reaching out. Thank you for telling how you feel. I doubt it’s true that you’re the worst, there’s a lot of people in this world. I get the feeling though, been there. I like that you asked if you can help. Helping people is my focus in life as well. I am almost 4 days sober. It would be helpful if you stayed on here and interacted with me and other people in your shoes. It helps when I know I’m not alone.

1 Like

It’s nice to talk to people who are in your shoes but make sure you have lots of people in your circle who have been in your shoes and no longer are, these are the people who will keep you sober. All you have to do is do what they do. :+1:

1 Like

Good to meet you Austin. I’m sharing your shoes, and it is hard as hell. But it CAN be done. I am struggling too, but just made 1 week sober. Best I can offer is focus on one minute at a time, if you have to. One second at a time. Sometimes that is all you can do,and that is okay.

I’m in your corner! You are strong and self-aware, and honest. All of those things are good things to be. Talking about it helps, for sure.

3 Likes