Relapse dreams ✨

I most recently had a dream I was at a restaurant with 2 of my closest sober sisters. Both of them then went and sat at the bar, ordered shots, and turned to me and said, “It’s fine. We can have just one.” :laughing:
I was like… Umm, NO we cannot! Then I assumed in my dream that they had been lying to me about their sobriety for months. I was so pissed at them. :laughing:
When I woke in the morning I messaged them right away to make sure they weren’t sneaking drinks. :sweat_smile:

This was the first dream I’ve had where I stood my ground in a difficult position that could cost me my recovery. Most of the time in dreams of similar scenarios I just relapse and wake up pissed off at myself, rather than someone else, before I realize it was just a dream…

So anyway, I only hope I can withstand the challenges I’m sure to face in real life just the same.

Meanwhile, my daughter’s dreaming of flying a cotton candy airplane equipped with a freikin’ Skittles steering wheel :lollipop::candy::unicorn:
:exploding_head:
OH what I wouldn’t give to dream like that! :rofl:

14 Likes

The worst! I had two early in sobriety that were so real it took an hour or two to shake the feeling of guilt and frustration.

6 Likes

Hahaha your daughter’s dream is awesome!!!
My drinking dreams always ended in me drinking and I’d wake up taking a while to click that it didn’t really happen. Omg the relief was insane!!

5 Likes

I had one my first honest 40 days. nothing crazy happened I was just loaded asf. I Woke up, realized it was just a dream, went back to bed lol.

4 Likes

These dreams… I end up waking up and the relief I felt that I am still sober is so good.
They can bring up alot of emotions too.
But in the end i wake up and feel so glad it was just a dream.

6 Likes

I had one last night that turned nightmarish… So so relieved from find it was only a dream

3 Likes

I think it’s kind of ironic finding this thread this morning. Twenty-seven years in and I woke up from a dream last night. It has literally been years since my last one. I didn’t use in it. I was just picking up different bags and identifying what they were. I woke up with the word fent echoing in my head which is hilarious because I haven’t a clue what it looks like lol. I grabbed a gulp of water and thanked my HP for the reminder. Went back to sleep and slept like a baby. Dreams are just dreams. They are our subconscious playing with us. I’m grateful that it was just a dream and not the old nightmare I lived out there using.

3 Likes

My alcohol dreams are strange, because I never get to actuallly drink. The glass will suddenly disappear, or I pick up the glass and it’s empty, or it’s not really alcohol! No idea why this happens. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

The first time it happened to me I called my friend in AA in a panic. He said relax, that’s perfectly normal, we call that a “freebie”. :weary:

But seriously I have woken up very disappointed in myself and even felt hung over. One time when I took my first breath I thought it smelled like alcohol.

4 Likes