Relapse I turned to drink again

I couldn’t agree with this more. I’ve realised that many of my ‘close friends’ are sober me’s worst enemies. I’ve joined an online sober group where I can meet fortnightly via zoom and go to meet up events to expand my circle to include more
Sober people. Interestingly I told my closest friend and she couldn’t be more supportive - those that have your back and not their own selfishness at heart will support you. It’s weeding them out that’s the hard part.

2 Likes

Hello thank you for the message what is this online sober group called exactly?

I’ve joined the sober girls society, which I followed on Instagram and then found they had online events and meet ups. I have however found that there are sober pages and communities on Instagram that seem to offer similar, I just felt connected to this one. Don’t know if you have the app but may be worth a search of pages/community and see who’s local to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats brilliant thank you for your help

1 Like

I had 6 years. Then began to take a drink here and there. Realized last week I was pushing beyond the here and there. I recommited Oct 6th. Came in here to talk myself out of drinking tonight and saw your post. Your post and all the comments helped me say no. Thank you.

4 Likes

I just reset myself today. My wife really tore into me last night about my drinking. Already had a meeting with a counselor today. Feeling confident! :blush:

2 Likes