Relapse what am i to do

I relapsed yesterday after being clean for ten days i now see the alcohol is contributing to my drug abuse im not a alcoholic by no means but it does make me want coke so no more drinking for me unless its in a social setting

2 Likes

I’m going to say it…if you are an addict any mind altering substance will keep you stagnant. It’s not for me to decide if you are or aren’t but as long as you run from life you will remain an addict

2 Likes

Thanks for your input

1 Like

As you have experienced recently, alcohol and cocaine go hand in hand. imo: If you want to stay sober from cocaine, you have to stay away from alcohol all together. Even in a social setting unfortunately. Just telling you from my experience, whenever i drank alcohol i would end up doing sh*t i would never do if i hadn’t drank. Wishing you all the best! Keep on trying and never give up.

2 Likes

I think you right i keep making excuses cause i once was a drinker and could handle it im soooo done

1 Like

Hi Christina, I have been sober from cocaine for 10 years now. When I made up my mind that coke wasn’t for me I realized I had to give up drinking also.I saw that I couldn’t have one without the other. I know I have an addictive personality and it’s hard at times. Just know, with hard work and dedication to being sober you will get there…

I had to cut out all the so called “friends” in my life, that I had partied with and to be honest I haven’t seen any of them in 10 years.

3 Likes

How are you doing now? I have also relapsed with alcohol being a major contributor.