Relapsed after 2years 8momths

Happy you’re here with us.
:blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words x

1 Like

Thanks mate will just push threw use it as a lesson a hard lesson but it’s one I’ve got to take on the chin go back to what’s good for me and I will build those days back up

I had 18 months then picked up a drink that lasted nearly 2 years, I’m now back to over a year sober and trust me I’m not cured, we live and learn mate we really do.

2 Likes

100 percent the positive out this is my relapse lasted 3days then I went straight back to a meeting and picked up my white key ring so
I feel better I went back straight away shared were I was at and now I’m going to start putting the work back in thanks for your reply keeps me going that I’m not alone in this
Fight :pray:t2:

1 Like

I just wanna say keep your head up and just cuz you slipped up doesn’t mean it has to go all down hill… just try and get back in the thinking n mind set you had before your slip up… I never really was a drinker but I was a IV heroin and coke user and have 2 years clean… just keep pushing and don’t fall back into those old habits and old influences congrats on ur 2 years thts amazing keep going tho!

1 Like

Good evening I had almost 3 years and decided I could handle a wine cooler but quickly led to pounding 40s and last night after a bad day at work I had enough alcohol to take me to that dormant area.
This morning I reset my counter and decided to be sober again

2 Likes

Well done on your clean time mate thanks for your words of encouragement I’m back on the horse going to build those days back up keep moving forward use my relapse as a experience moving forward and not let it happen again

1 Like

You have decided to try again that’s all we can do the past is done we can’t change that only what we do moving forward we can control with putting daily actions in its very cunning alcohol addiction I thought I was ok stopped going to meetings started gambling then I thought I could have a non alcoholic beer I got away with it a few times then my brain told me I’ve not got a problem next I’m on the gin and cocaine 3days later I’m like wtf happened I was doing to well cunning baffling and powerful but I see we’re I’ve went wrong I’m going to learn from it hope you feel better today thanks for your honesty

Glad you are here!
I’ve been where you are. Was 5 years sober and thought I could drink in moderation again. In the beginning that worked but after a few weeks it didn’t. Quit again before it went completly out of hand and found this app. Sober for 3 years now.
The good thing is you know how to do it so you can do it again!! :facepunch:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply yes I got there before so I can do it again and I will do it again
I also have a 11week old daughter to think about and I never want her to see her dad drunk as she’s so young she will never know about my slip up just going to move forward crack on and build those days bk up day 6 today :+1:t2:

2 Likes