Relapsed after 2years 8momths

Hi just a quick message to hold myself accountable I was using this app for the counter I managed to get 2years 8months clean from alcohol and cocaine I relapsed last Friday which lasted till Monday stopped going to meetings and thought I was cured i also had a close person in my family commit suicide in March and I don’t think I dealt with the situation alway time to get back on the horse back to a meeting today only way is up thanks for reading

32 Likes

Welcome! This is a great place to help you on your journey.

1 Like

Thank you will check in often to hold myself accountable moving forward thanks for the warm welcome x

Welcome, sounds like u know what to do, glad to help u do it!

1 Like

Thank you I will go back to basics and work hard at it and I will get there again thanks for your kind words

1 Like

This keeps coming up in my mind with my own relapses… “pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again.” I like to think that time should not be a deterrent in coming back to the good place or re-entering the happy zone if you will. I ised to think “Ive just thrown away 6 months and I cant start again at day 1.” But the number is just a number. Getting back to the good place is all that matters. Give yourself some grace. :heart:

10 Likes

Glad you’re here. :heart::pray:

1 Like

Thank you yeah it’s getting back to that peace of mind I’ve had a bump in the road it’s how I react to that bump in the road that matters thanks for your encouragement I’ve got a meeting at 230pm to hold myself accountable and share my experience and moving forward it may help next person

3 Likes

Thank you it’s good to be here :heart:

And sorry I’m from the uk Scotland if anyone is local

Good get back to meetings ,dont know if you have a sponsor if not maybe get for your back up and using there experience ,if you want to go through the steps , guess were im from the name will give it away lol old timer

2 Likes

Hi ray yeah I have a sponsor and went threw the steps but I’m living in Edinburgh and he’s in Glasgow and I’ve not been reaching out I’m going to rethink about getting a sponsor who’s local to me will be speaking to a few people today good to meet you mate

2 Likes

Thats good my wife comes from old reeky we live in Netherburn South Lanarkshire yea a sponsor local would be a good idea

3 Likes

I fell into the trap that david started to run the show and we know how that ends

1 Like

yip thats a problem when our thinking changes , we are ok and it leads to lifting the first one , i havnt had that experience yet but its only a day at a time

3 Likes

So glad you are here, David. I’m sorry about the loss in your family. That must be so hard. Just know that you helped me today to stay sober. Again, so glad you are here.

1 Like

Welcome to our awesome community!

This seems to be the theme lately for those coming back to my AA meetings and it’s a good reminder for the rest of us.

2 Likes

First meeting done felt good to be back and be honest in we’re I was at the only way Is up and it’s a lesson that I will need to go to meetings and do what I’m told for life I’ve been burned but I’m still here fighting the good fight all the best guys :heart:

3 Likes

I’m sure that meeting was a big relief. Glad you’re back at it and you know what you need to do going forward. Not only do you have the people at AA, you now have us to lean on when the going gets tough. Happy to have you apart of our awesome community.

2 Likes

thanks for coming on here and reminding me that this is for life, but without a daily program we won’t have a life at all. Well not one worth talking about anyway. Wish you well on the next stage of your journey :+1:

1 Like