Relapsed after 8 days

Massively pissed off with myself I was so bloody happy when I wasn’t drinking. Could kick myself…

2 Likes

Hi @Marie3 welcome! Try not to beat yourself up too much, it happens to us all. Addiction is a hard battle to fight but you’re on the right path my friend. Get back up, dust yourself off and start again! What made you relapse, just out of interest ? Well done for reaching out, we’re all here for you doing this thing together one day at a time, one hour at a time if needs be…:two_hearts::pray:t2:

1 Like

I also did ! I felt amazing &. So healthy not drinking ! Lets get thinking positive and put ans into place

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate the words more than you know

1 Like

I was waiting for the bus the other night and needed to pee, there’s no public toilets open atm so I went to a pub thinking I’ll just have the one but it never works like that does it? Very annoyed with myself

3 Likes

How much time did you have? That does suck but use it to make you more determined to fight harder!
Oh, and welcome!:raising_hand_woman:

Yes mate x

I drank for about 2 days which is usual for me but fucksake I’m so much happier when I’m not drinking…

2 Likes

I meant how long were you sober? You’re good for getting back on track. You’ll find this place very helpful!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Edit: no writing before coffee!:woman_facepalming: sorry!

Ah, 8 days and I was feeling so positive it’s depressing to be in the same hole, it’s certainly not what I’m aiming for. Thank you for your kind words x

1 Like

I love this website it’s helped me a lot

1 Like

Read around and you will begin to see how similar everyone’s experiences are.
Welcome.

Duh; just saw it’s in your heading, lol… I shouldn’t read or write before coffee!:kissing_heart:

It’s just nice having someone understand thank you again

1 Like

Take a empty bottle next time wish you well

1 Like

Will try! Honestly will try

No other way is there x

Quick question? Why did you even think about having one. You are allowed to use pub toilets without being a customer.
Also, if you felt you had to buy something, why not a coke?
Mindset is a large part of our journey. Get comfortable with asking for soft drinks no matter where you are.
You will find that the only person who is actually worried about this is ourselves.
No one else really cares what we drink when we are out.

2 Likes

Apart from there being a few stupid reasons why I was feeling very stressed right at that moment, I’d had it in my mind for an hour or 2 before and it just took over. I haven’t drank since and take comfort in hoping and trying that I can last longer next time.

Cool, that’s the way. You are aware of how these things happen so you now find you are better armed for next time.
Keep up the good work. Progress not perfection.

2 Likes