Relapsed after two years

At the Moment i Am still trying to get my divorce sorted and buy a House so its been pants.

2 Likes

Having someone you loved do that to you is not a good feeling and sometimes divorce is better. In my situation it was. And I recieved full custody of my daughter
 the good thing is that your back on here and can move forward with things and get back on track

2 Likes

So sorry to hear you’re going through it. I’m SO GLAD that you’re back though. All you can do is start stringing those hours together now, just like you did before. Head up, eyes forward. Sending you love :heart:

1 Like

Stay strong, it will all pass. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome back,
Sorry you are in rough waters. I was sober for 5 years and then relapsed. I drank for more then a year. Stopped almost 2 years ago with the help of this app and the people in it.
I found it easier to quit the next time because I knew I could do it because I did it before.
I also know all the mindtricks and other things my addiction tries to do to get me drinking again. And I have a filled toolbox.
You “just” have to “do it” again.
It will be difficult, but you know you can

:facepunch:

5 Likes

I probably would have relapsed too.

I think at the minute i.am still wading through the divorce process As well As sorting a home. So once.something settles It will feel better

2 Likes

I definitely feel ya there. It has been a stressful year. where the fuck it all has shown its face. So your not the only one with these feelz.im sure many more here can say the same. I felt the same thing going on so i started coming back here to read after a long time away. Good to see you came back to reality. You are standing on solid ground again and have accepted the problem. Time to love yourself and probably cut the negative relationships at least for the mean time. even if it doesnt feel right at first. We always gotta feel uncomfortable before we feel comfortable with ourselves again. Added stress never helps expecially when it comes to early stages of recovery. Dust yourself off and back to building again. The walls may have collapsed but You built a foundation with the 2.5 years and its not all gone .im sure it may feel like it right now. We are human and addicts we are not perfect so dont beat yourself up too much.

5 Likes

How’s things going?

AÄșl a bit pants. Work is worse as covid continues

My manager is giving me a hard time

And my house purchase fell through

1 Like

First day. Staying sober now on

4 Likes

I am glad to see you back. Resilience is a most admiral trait and you definitely have it, my friend.

I relapsed with almost 10 years sobriety.

One of the biggest self inflicted obstacles Ive had to overcome was letting smaller amounts of sobriety seem meaningless.

For example if I stayed sober for ninety days it was easy to start over because i threw away a decade.

I lived like that for a long time.

Today im greatful for everyday!

Glad your here!

3 Likes

I can’t drink anymore. Its f@ng awful when i do
Nine Times out of ten its ok and then wham i f@k it up.

1 Like

I relate 100%

The longer I kept trying to make it work the 9 out of ten times odds got lower. 7 out of 10, 5 out of 10, 3 out of ten, etc. I put my life at risk on some of those times. The last three times in a row have been horrible.

Like they say its a progressive illness. I believe that 100%

Chapter three of the big book describes it perfectly.

Many of us pursue the desire to drink like a normal person to the gates of insanity or death.

We are the lucky ones!

3 Likes