Relapsed again For The 4th time

Relapsed again, it’s my 4th time doing it and I’ve fallen out with members of my family again. I turned on them and got nasty. I plan on stopping tomorrow as I’ve already started to drink again.

It’s when I hit the vodka and whiskey where I turn and I always say I’ll stay away from them and just stick to beer but there’s only so much beer I can drink and it just doesn’t get me drunk and I inevitably hit the spirits.

Has anyone tried going into a detox facility and what are they like because at this stage I don’t think I have it in me to stay sober. My doctor had recommended that I should go into one before and I refused and I kinda thing I should have taken them up on the suggestion. I don’t want to drink I really don’t it’s just so hard not to.

I’ve been hospitalised twice over drinking and I don’t want to end up in hospital again. I’ve only got enough drink now to ween my body off and go sober tomorrow and stop the shakes for now. I just really want to sort myself out as I’ve just started to get back into working again too.

10 Likes

If i was you id take the doctors hand off!! Alcoholism is a progressive disease friend things will only get worse if you dont take some drastic action…we are here to support you though you dont have to do it alone :people_hugging:

5 Likes

this made me laugh. yeah man, I hear you. I did the spirits too.
go back to the doctor tomorrow and talk to them about the rehab. it’s a good idea and it can help you off to a good start. sobriety and recovery is only about chaning one thing and that’s everything. so you need to know you can never just fuck it and stop working towars that better life again, it won’t sort itself out. but it’s doable and possible and many many ppl on here can prove that to you. rn you’re desperate but tomorrow is a new day and it can be the last day one of your life. up to you.

9 Likes

It is hard. If you are serious it can be done. Here’s my experience,perhaps you will find it useful. After using all kinds of substances from age 16 to 70 and a suicide attempt two years ago I went to a rehab facility. It started me on the path of recovery. I am clean for 694 days today. The point is: if I can you can. Perhaps you should make an appointment with your physician. I wish you all the best. Keep us all posted.

11 Likes

Hey, good on you for wanting to make change. You should read a bit, some of the topics you ask about have been discussed extensivly around here…check out the search feature…

Be well

2 Likes

I had my last drink yesterday evening and today is day one. I’ve found out where my next local AA meeting is for tomorrow evening.

Today it’s the anxiety and general feeling horrible with the sweats and struggling to eat. It’s early in the day as it’s only 10am but I’m just taking it hour by hour but it is hard.

Thanks for everyone’s kind words. This time I am determined to stay sober and get my life back on track.

3 Likes

Stop it if you cannot control it. Same problem with me, i start drink with plan of one beer but ends up with 6 beers:)
Now i stoped this is my 1st Sober night, i never give up

1 Like

Stay on here and talk it out as much as you need Gaz we are all here for you. One day at a time for now…a second at a time if necessary… all that matters is getting that head on the pillow sober tonight. Stay hydrated…eat little and often…get yourself a vitamin B complex vitamin as you will most likely be low in those as alcohol robs the body of them…be kind to yourself to give yourself the best chance with this. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thats good get to a meeting get phone numbers wish you well

2 Likes