Relapsed again, I feel lost

I was doing well. I was sober and losing weight. But I decided to celebrate a career breakthrough on Thursday last week and been on a bender until last night. I feel terrible. I feel lonely. I know I have to change and I’m starting over. I feel disappointed that in myself. I just someone to talk to. Please help me!

6 Likes

I have fallen many times myself. All you can do is get back up. I am so happy for you that you are willing to start over! Never give up; the past is over. It’s what you do today that matters now. You got this! Abs congratulations on your achievement at work.

2 Likes

These are all very common traits of a relapse. “I feel like crap. Why do I keep doing this to myself? I just wish I would die, or is there something I can do faster to make this pain end. I hurt a loved one. I lashed out at friends and people I care for”. You have regret and remorse. You don’t ever have to feel like that again. Make the change. Get help if you need to! You don’t have to fight this battle by yourself.

5 Likes

Welcome
@WonganiNyangulu
@LiveNowNotLater
I just posted this on the check in thread. Looks like it might be of use here if y’all are interested. Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser
Have a good read around. Lots of helpful info here.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

I remember that feeling of wanting the treat myself. This is your alcoholism wanting you to drink. You know you want a life without it, otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

Go easy on yourself. Keep this slip up in the memory bank for next time the urge comes. Do you want to feel like this again? No.

Make sure you get plenty of rest, good food and water. You will be okay x

1 Like