Relapsed again last night

I knew I was in for a relapse I’ve felt it building up for weeks. I feel like all I do is try and fail all the time. It’s so hard on my mum watching me mess up my life. I want total sobriety but I struggle after about 2 weeks then the craving kicks in and I seem to forget the pain I was in when I last drank and used. I now understand that pain has no memory. Why can’t I get this?! :pensive:

6 Likes

Maybe a meeting might help not for everyone wish you well

5 Likes

You CAN get it.
If I may quote someone I’m inspired by "to get thru this you’re going to have to suffer, but you will get thru it."
You made it two weeks before replasping. This time around try two weeks and a day. If you relapse again try two weeks and two days. As long as your improving every time that’s what matters.
Stay strong!!!

8 Likes

I relapsed too. Last night and my boyfriend and I broke up because of it. Day 1 again but now I’m alone. I feel your pain my dear. I don’t know how I’m going to get through this.

2 Likes

I’m back after a 4 month binder. It’s a daily struggle, but don’t give up on yourself. Be kind and gentle, but stay focused too. I hate my addiction. You can do this my friend. Best of luck.

7 Likes

Today is a new day.

2 Likes

If what you’ve tried before isn’t working, then you need to try something else. Meeting. Inpatient rehab. Anything.

I think you are mentally setting yourself up to fail. “I knew I was in for a relapse…” speaks volumes. After the first few days of physical withdrawals are gone, sobriety is 100% mental. It is simply a matter understanding that drinking that first drink is a choice, 100% within your control. You know where that first drink leads, because you’ve taken the trip before.

If it is important, we will find a way. If it isn’t, we will find an excuse.

Reset. Recommit. Drive on. Be willing to do anything, try anything, if it means defending your sobriety.

7 Likes

@Justfortoday89 and @Betterbee42
Just wanna chime in with you both and anyone else in the “day 1 again” boat. All struggling but none of us giving up, especially knowing we’re not alone, and here, we’re supported by so many who have paddled this same boat successfully past the troubled waters of various addictions, into the calm and quiet waters of sobriety. It’ll be worth it I’m sure. We just can’t give up!:heart:.

6 Likes

"If it is important, we will find a way. If it isn’t, we will find an excuse."
This is so inspirational to me and I thank you for it. Because you’re so right. And this is important to me. And I don’t want to make excuses anymore.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that my lovely. This is so hard but I know my life and your life will be a lot better if only we can say no to that first drink. I really hope your ok ? Xxx

2 Likes

Thank you for this reply your so right! It’s totally the mental control after the first few days it takes a lot of will power and that something I’ve never had. Day 4 still struggling but not giving in. It’s mind over matter now and as you said if I give into the first drink that’s complrtly my choice and a bad one at that.
Thanks

2 Likes

Best of luck to you my friend…we can beat this xx

I’ve shared this YouTube channel before on the forum. I found it helped me to stay positive, mindful and on track. It could help those of you wno are on a reset. I really hope it does, give the channel ago. Watch a few videos see if they help

1 Like

Here’s another link someone else posted here which i found to be enlightening and entertaining.

2 Likes

I know its the most important thing I’ll ever do in my life. Because it’s for me. I can’t contribute to healthy relationships if I’m constantly falling apart. I can’t be happy with others if I’m constantly doubting myself and my situation. I never thought about putting myself first in anything.
First time for everything right???

2 Likes